The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Why isn't magic on TV as much? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicr8
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Magicr8
I haven’t seen a magic special since David Copperfield was on sometime in 2001. Why do you think their isn’t as much specials on as their were? Also David Blaine what happened to him is he done with doing specials? I just want to see some new and exciting illusions. Maybe I should do my own specials. Smile
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
There's still plenty of magic on, it just so happens that the fashion for TV magic has moved for the time being into reality-style street magic rather than big illusion shows (Criss Angel's specials do both).

There's been the two Criss Angel specials, the two Magic Unmasked documentaries, T.H.E.M., and those are just the American ones we've seen here in the UK. I understand Marco Tempest has a whole series going over there too.

Here we've had (and continue to have) highly succesful series by Derren Brown, including his (in)famous Russian Roulette special and Max Somerset's excellent "Max Magic" series on Sky.

David Blaine I think is still recovering from (or selling the consequences of, depending on what you believe) his hungry bloke in a box stunt, I daresay he'll be back when he's good and ready.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Two words: Garry Ouellet.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Joe Mansfield
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Joe Mansfield
I agree with Nick. When we lost Gary, the specials went with him.
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
Three new words:
Reality TV fad.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Shouldn't that be called "Contrived Reality TV"?

Most people in these situations would have been rescued immediately (if it were real), if not held for a hearing to make them wards of the state.

An investment strategy in Finance is "Greater Fool Theory". It assumes there is some one out there even dumber than the current owner. I think it was just applied to another form of greed.

Based upon audience delivered per dollar for talent, it might also be known as "Cheap Tricks". As an old marketing professor who taught advertising for years, I question the long term market value of the audience. It makes SPAM an attractive vehicle.

A common behavior just prior to final failure of a failing commercial organization is cost-cutting. At last they save so much money that no one is interested in what they are offering. The customer base has moved on.

I see no reduction in interest for live magic performances. Television has its problems. They will likely get worse.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Why isn't magic on TV as much? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL