The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » America's Got Talent Tryout (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMikeCat
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of MagicMikeCat
Ever wonder what it would be like to try out as a Magician for "America's Got Talent"? I just tried out and wrote a blog about the entire experience - hope it helps some of you plan for what to expect and other just find it interesting...

http://foolusadventure.blogspot.com/2018......nce.html
Check out my effect "Mind Card" http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7240
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1058 Posts

Profile of imgic
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
MichaelJMoore
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MichaelJMoore
Good luck Magic Mike I hope you make it!!!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13893 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I loved reading that! It was quite amazing, and I have always wondered what went on behind the scenes, there!!

What you didn't talk about (I'm sure because you don't know, yet) is how many thousands of dollars and how many countless hours is involved should you move forward. I'm thinking all kinds of plane trips back and forth to NY, LA, or wherever. Then hotel rooms, lodging, you get the idea. I'm just guessing that when all is said and done, the cost to be a continuing contestant is astronomical.

And all that doesn't include the cost of expanding your act. Make it bigger, better, more grand. ..because as we know, as you move up, they expect you to up the level of your act. That could cost thousands more.

Am I right?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
341 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
Am I right?

I've known a couple of people who competed, but it was way back at the beginning of the show. In the one case I sort-of remember, most of his expenses were covered, but he was there to lose. Magicians never got far on the show back then, and I believe (and this is just from a memory that gets worse every year) he was told up front that he would be on the show to lose in grand fashion. That's part of the entertainment so, if I'm recalling it accurately, the production company would certainly need to cover an act's expenses. Now that the show is an established hit, things have no doubt changed.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13893 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That''s fascinating! I've always wondered about the inner workings of it all:
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21950 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Looks like MagicMikeCat did not read the fine print. The Blog has been removed. Hope he did not get sued for spilling the beans.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13893 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Sucks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » America's Got Talent Tryout (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL