The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PIN by Marc Paul (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1816 Posts

Profile of 252life
I waited all those months for a chance to finally watch it.
Unfortunately I missed its original release.
So, count me as very happy for the re-release Marc.
Great reply. Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Wow this is so clever well done Marc Paul .

Congratulations Peter Nardy on such brilliantly made props, top notch as we come to expect and receive from Alakazam
So easy and so deceptive
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1231 Posts

Profile of Jared
Does anybody know when this will become available to dealers in the USA such as Penguin or Hocus Pocus and if so when?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1491 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2018, Jared wrote:
Does anybody know when this will become available to dealers in the USA such as Penguin or Hocus Pocus and if so when?

I think Alakazam do free worldwide shipping on their own products if that helps.
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
178 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Do you have to have the word PIN on the envelope? It screams gimmick to me.
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
See my idea earlier in the thread. You don’t need to use the word pin. Jamie Daws likes it apparently.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I find this release a bit strange if I'm honest.

Firstly. it just seems really limiting to me. It's £35 for a peek of a pin (yes using OA you could expand it but that's true of any peek) Now, if you got Matt Mello's Dark Arts for around £8 or After Dark by Matt Johnson (with templates) for around £15 you can, in much the same way reveal a pin, but also a name, or a word, or a picture, anything you want in fact. The scope for presentations is only limited by your imagination, you may even come up with something that nobody else is performing ;-) I just feel that PIN is a lot to do with basing the presentation on the method rather than the other way around, and this seems a bit backwards to me. In the trailer Marc states "What I've created here, is a brand new concept in mentalism" this is stretching the definition of those words a bit too much for my liking.

Secondly this was explained in Marc's Alakazam Academy which is now available again. In my opinion and in many others Marc's academy (along with both of his Penguin lectures) represent some of the best value in recent mentalism releases. They really are fantastic. His academy is £60 and that's for two days, so let's say it's £30 per day........ see where I'm going? The day he explains PIN is less than the price of PIN but also includes so much other incredible stuff! Just by raising your initial stake to £60 you are getting sooooo much more value. Yes PIN is all made up for you and there is little doubt that the quality of Alakazam's production is excellent but for me personally, certainly in mentalism, making it yourself is the better option. Not from a financial point of view but from the point of view (as raised by a few others) that it just doesn't seem to scream 'prop' as much. If I did want to use this presentation after seeing the academy I would make it myself (which is obviously what Marc himself was doing before Alakazam released it.) You could argue that it has convenient refills, but to me that just says ongoing costs, and yes you can make your own refills, so then why not just make up the whole thing?

If you have the academy already then £35 could by you a lot of envelopes, if you don't, consider spending the extra £25 rips and getting the academy and so much more for your money. I just can't work out who this is aimed at.

Then again there are plenty of people who seem very happy with it, so I guess it's just another case of 'whatever blows your skirt up'!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7877 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’s called ‘jumping on the magic Café band wagon’
Shadow Art
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shadow Art
I don't understand. It's a p**k envelope with refills?
otreboR
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
232 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2018, Shadow Art wrote:
I don't understand. It's a p**k envelope with refills?

Your PIN Set Comes Complete With

2 x Special PIN Envelopes
1 x Identical non-gimmicked PIN Envelope
30 x PIN Cards (Reload packs of PIN cards are available in packs of 50 )
Full tutorial video

You could make the PIN Cards yourself, but you can also order them.
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
Hi Guys,

First of all PIN is awesome and once you undestand the concept you can use it for many many other things if you willing to put the work into it but now as a product you can do it right away from outside the box.

About the refills: I see many quesitoning the refill part. First you don't have to buy refils at all. If you willing to spend like 10 minutes to make up the cards you don't need to buy refills at all. So its more likely an opportunity to buy it already made for you and nothing more.

So I think PIN is highly recommended regardless if you work in close-up or stage you will find a use of it.

PIN now available at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......arc-paul

Best,
Tom
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1629 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Having seen PIN performed and explained in Marc Paul's excellent Alakazam Academy session, I too thought "why would I buy this separately?"

Reasons: 1) better props than I can make myself; 2) convenience; 3) variety (getting away from a peek wallet); 4) visual clarity (even a spectator viewing from a distance can see the big bold "PIN" on the envelope, maybe better than my homemade version); 5) durability (apparently, they've made the envelopes out of something better than the usual paper coin envelope); 6) ease of repetition when strolling.

So I recently ordered PIN and a refill pack, and look forward to their arrival.

Cheers,
Jerry
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Well, probably almost all mentalists here know what is the secret behind this envelope but - wow, the quality of props which you receive is wonderful! Actually I bought it not because of the secret (I already use very similar handmade envelopes from years) but because of the props. The envelopes which you receive are excellent and durable (not paper). The PIN cards are also perfect for the effect so I recommend to buy them as refills.

With some imagination you can use the props for other effects too. I am happy with my order and recommend it.

By the way - probably a small size version will be also nice, so you can keep it in your wallet and to use business card size props. Any info about this?
Creator of Mental Card, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, UniPeek and eXact ESP.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
452 Posts

Profile of westo
Another vote for a Smaller size.....
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Got this on order from today and I just can't wait to recieve this as the review's on this, are very positive indeed. Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4394 Posts

Profile of videoman
This is really clever and great and very much a worker. Love the “hook” about everyone has a secret.

Great job Marc for the concept and AKZ for the production.

Buy it, because almost no one could make one as nice as these and even if you could it wouldn’t be worth the time and effort.

I vote for a smaller size as well. I don’t see why they wouldn’t produce it in a business card size.

This one is a winner IMO.
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
452 Posts

Profile of westo
Another 2 votes for the smaller version.. Smile
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of corindaman
And another vote for the smaller size.
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Oh, 4 votes (out of 5 comments) for business card size version looks pretty good percent Smile Alakazam should think about it Smile
Creator of Mental Card, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, UniPeek and eXact ESP.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
925 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Been using this during walkabout and at tables and it’s fab. I pop the envelope into my JOL wallet too which keeps the envelope nice, plus it introduces the envelope earlier in my routine as the specs see it when the wallet is opened for my card to wallet effect. The envelope is then referred to throughout my set, and when it eventually makes its appearance, the reactions are fantastic. Popping the envelope back into the wallet is also logical too and makes the peek even easier (although it’s easy anyway).
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PIN by Marc Paul (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL