The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PIN by Marc Paul (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I just love this my head is full of ideas even using the box it all came in and the two envelope routine is the way for me ,best thing I have brought in some time and it's all up to your imagination what you come up with that's the beauty of it.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
How natural is the p**k?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Am now convinced having watched Marc perform recently on video. Will be ordering next week and look forward to receiving it.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Aligator you won't regert it.well made gimmicks,it's fantastic and imagination in the right hands is a killer
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Sounds good Fire Starter. I love utilities that allow for a different range of effects and I like making up my own scripts as well.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4394 Posts

Profile of videoman
The only “downside” to this is that if using the props as supplied you are locked into the PIN premise.
I put the word downside in quotation marks because it is not really a downside, it just forces you to think a little bit harder in order to justify it if you wish to use a different premise. This is discussed on the instructional video also and gives suggestions to get you started.

I’ve made a LOT of envelopes over the years. In addition, my wife is a long-time paper crafter. We have 3 different computerized paper/vinyl cutters in our home. So while I believe I could certainly duplicate the PIN envelope if I really wanted to, there is no way I will ever bother trying. First, I will likely never need to as the supplied envelope is very well made from long-lasting materials. Secondly, the cost is low enough (and you get 2 envelopes) that it simply isn’t worth the time and trouble. Refill cards are available at a reasonable price too. Thirdly, the idea and product are good enough that I want to continue to support the creators.

As I stated previously, this is one of those far too rare combinations of a great idea by Marc Paul and fantastic manufacturing by Alakazam.
It will almost certainly show up on my list for the best of 2018.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Good to hear. Could not wait till next week. Sent my order in a few minutes ago.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1231 Posts

Profile of Jared
This was one of my BEST purchases of the year. It packs flat and plays big and it can be performed in virtually any setting: strolling, parlor, and stage. Yep, it checks ALL the boxes!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Good to hear Jared.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
925 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, Jared wrote:
This was one of my BEST purchases of the year. It packs flat and plays big and it can be performed in virtually any setting: strolling, parlor, and stage. Yep, it checks ALL the boxes!

Yep totally agree. I have now worked this extensively since its release in my close up sets during mix and mingle and at tables, and it rocks! It lives in my JOL wallet which keeps it in pristine condition, plus it’s ready to go at any time as it’s with me even when not working- perfect for those, “Can you show me something” situations that we all get.

Love it.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
More good news. I anxiously await.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
PIN is now in my possession. For $35, it is hard to imagine anything on the market that would be more cost effective than PIN. The peek is about as easy as it gets and the envelope can be shown before and after card is placed in. There is a 54 minute instruction video with 3 routines but I think the original PIN routine is the one I will use. You get 2 gaffed PIN envelopes and one non gaffed should you decide on that particular routine. The only downside is the 35 cards which after all used, more are needed. However, refills are available.

This is easily one of the best releases for 2018 at any price but for the asking price you simply cannot go wrong unless you have absolutely no use for a peek. This can be used for any sized audience as well. "packs small....plays big" is certainly more than true for thus product. Highly recommended.
Pauldelafontaine
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Pauldelafontaine
Think I'll get this one
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
You won't be sorry.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1755 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
This is great, though I’d love to see a smaller version of this marketed as well.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Why smaller?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4394 Posts

Profile of videoman
I also would love to see a smaller version closer to business card size because I would like to be able to carry it on one side of the bill compartment of my bi-fold wallet.
My only complaint with it currently is that it is difficult for me to carry daily for fear of bending or damaging the envelope.

If you live in a cooler climate and wear a sport coat regularly or only use this at gigs then a smaller size is probably not that important to you.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Yes I agree a smaller version is better and seeing it reminds me of Matt Johnson’s envelope. I believe I could make this better and I am not keen on the side squeezing to get the info, I saw my friends version and immediately could make it smoother and the black art better, also it’s not totally invisible to an astute eye but easy to remedy.
Great idea though but having the word pin on a envelope, well I can think of ways of having better words or indeed nothing on it at all. Worth the money though just to develop your own way nuances with it. Olly
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1231 Posts

Profile of Jared
I really don't think this is the type of thing that a person would carry around to perform during impromptu situations. It's not exactly organic if you know what I mean. A printed envelope like this makes better sense during a more formal presentation on stage or even strolling/table-hopping. For this reason I feel the size is ideal. Mine fits perfectly in the inside pocket of my suit jacket. It also fits inside the flap of a Kap's wallet. BTW- if you have to "squeeze" the sides to make it work then your envelope is probably not broken in enough.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Fair enough Jared it was my friends and it was brand new so indeed not broken in enough one would imagine. Olly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PIN by Marc Paul (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL