The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Patron lives matter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just don't get it. We put all that money into restaurants, but they don't give a darn about our health. For example, why don't ALL restaurants have wheat bread making it an option for us? Some patrons are diabetics. The yeast from regular bread contains sugar. If they gave us a choice like Subway Restaurants do it will show they are concerned about our health. The healthier foods will help increase their business because will we live longer to give them more visits.

Another example is decreasing the germs. When we walk in we must push or pull the door open. Who knows how germs are on the door handle from other patrons. It would be nice if they had a sensor to open the door for us like CVS, Walmart, Walgreen's, etc.

We could go to the bathroom to wash our hands each visit, but imagine touching the door when coming out. I always grab a paper towel or tissue paper or napkin to place on the door when opening it. One of my shows I did Downtown Detroit for one of my customers convinced me a lot they were concern about their employees. There was a door foot handle on the bottom of the door. It was turned horizontally, not vertical like most door handles. We put our shoe in the handle to pull open the door. The hands were never needed to open the door. That is a clever invention.

I have seen multiple restaurants with an automatic flush toilet. I wish all state government laws required all restaurants to have them.

Having hand sanitizer wipes by the cashier of fast food restaurants will be another plus. Imagine all the germs laying on the money when we purchase our food, plus the change we put in our pockets before eating our meal.

Restaurants do not care about their patrons. They just want our germ loaded money.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
There was a door foot handle on the bottom of the door. It was turned horizontally, not vertical like most door handles.

It was a good thought, but really hard for me to bend down to press that sucker.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
That is why I walk around with Kleenex boxes on my feet and multiple layers of non-latex gloves on my hands (I tried condoms on the fingers but I got tired of kids screaming 'Stranger Danger') .

Managers at McDonalds are especially anti-healthy food. They hassle me every time I dine there and eat the healthy lunch I went to all the trouble of making at home...
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
So are you looking for government intervention to mandate self flushing toilets, increased sanitiation, and healthier food options?

The irony for somebody stockpiling weapons in case of increased government intervention.

By the way, the yeast in bread does not contain sugar..they are two seperate items. White bread has a higher glycemic index due to white flout being highly processed, thereby making it easier for the carbs in the flour to convert to sugar. Plus, many bakers will add more sugar to white bread to provide more food for yeast to make bread rise more and be more light and fluffy. Wheat, rye, or pumpernickel breads have lower glycemic index as their complex carbs are more difficult to break down and covert to sugar. It has nothing to do with yeast.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Dynamike, you're practically coming off as Sheldon Cooper ("Big Bang Theory") here.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I thought just the opposite.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2018, imgic wrote:
The irony for somebody stockpiling weapons in case of increased government intervention.

What are you talking about?
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2018, imgic wrote:

What are you talking about?

Once it’s on the internet...it’s never gone...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
I thought just the opposite.

Why? Cooper is a germaphobe who’s constantly worried about infections.

Mind you, he doesn’t have an arsenal hidden in his house, although he does have some geek stuff hidden in hidden safes the Leonard didn’t even know about.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
It seems to me that all those things you rail about are things you can choose not to do.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAjXEIojQzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhp-ZOnzXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43-vORteweM

I remember one time in the eighties I walked inside of a Coney Island restaurant. There was only one worker in the building. He was facing the grill with his back turned towards me. He did not know I entered the building as he was cooking. He accidentally dropped a hot dog on the floor. I saw him quickly squat down to pick it up and put it on the grill. Suddenly he turned around to see if anyone was looking. He noticed me and started smiling.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who was he cooking for?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
HeronsHorse
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
207 Posts

Profile of HeronsHorse
Sorry but this thread is hilarious.
Smile
Germs indeed.
Quote of the Month
Those who think that magic consists of doing tricks are strangers to magic. Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained."
- S.H. Sharpe
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Just don't eat out. Raise, butcher and grow your own food and you know, what's in it. Problem solved.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2019, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Just don't eat out. Raise, butcher and grow your own food and you know, what's in it. Problem solved.

I'm not sure if this is a joke but it makes a fantastic point. The more things you put in the hands of others the more things you have almost no control over.

It really is something to think about.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

In today's world, I believe the fastest way to turn children into vegetarians is to have them slaughter a cow when they want a burger, or wring the neck of a chicken if they prefer chicken nuggets...
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
In today's world, I believe the fastest way to turn children into vegetarians is to have them slaughter a cow when they want a burger, or wring the neck of a chicken if they prefer chicken nuggets...

Why would that make them vegetarian?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Because beef comes from the grocery store wrapped in cellophane on little Styrofoam trays.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Clearly you did not grow up in a rural area with hunters.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea it may work on city kids. But that is about it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Patron lives matter (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL