The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » The Notebill By Jota (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

luwegi
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of luwegi
Has anyone seen this effect or had a chance to play with it pre-release? Just out from Jota. It looks clean and pretty versatile.

Link to trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLrLUhUX4Sw&feature=youtu.be
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I had seen it a couple days ago. Looks to be a pretty useful effect. But you could probably construct something similar at home for similar results.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
luwegi
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of luwegi
Thank you. I haven’t seen it live, but that was what I was inclined to think.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
A switch very similar to this, but no gimmick, is given in Paul Harris' AOA.

A problem of doing such a switch is that you need to make sure your bill and the specs have roughly the same level of wear/wrinkles. I got busted for this, once.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is just a copy of an old card effect that uses a special wallet.

Nothing new, but I don't care for this handling, as shown in the demo video. Why would you the performer hold the wallet, while the spectator marks the post it.

Here is a copy of the original wallet version from the 1970's. Can't buy from them, as this is the Jobber/wholesale only company.

https://magicmakersinc.com/tricks/tricks......g_wallet
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I agree with Bill, it tends to feel awkward for someone else to be holding an object that someone else is to sign, or just taking the bill and then giving it back..

Howsomeever, I don't think that aspect of the handling is necessary to the trick(meaning there are other ways to motivate the motions). It would probably be better to have a different motivation for taking the bill, and then giving it back to them (to sign or not, to write the SN or not)

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » The Notebill By Jota (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL