The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Metal 4 by Eric Jones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AceTheInfinite
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of AceTheInfinite
I hear Ellusionist is releasing a new installation of Eric Jones' master class on coin magic.. this collection is said to contain his latest works from his television and talent specials and more.

They are also selling a scaled down version of the OXF coin set (Expanded shell / gravity flipper made by Roy Kueppers) and will have bundle deals available.

Anyone interested in checking it out? Xmas release according to their Instagram.
ficklestheclown
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of ficklestheclown
Https://www.ellusionist.com/metal-4.html

99 bucks for metal 4 with oxf
st3v13
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of st3v13
Why is there no description?
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
188 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Says it's $99 with 4 coins but doesn't say what kind of coin..
$114 for an oxf, wonder of that's a school craft oxf?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5115 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Roy Kueppers according to the review on the site which makes sense because Roy made the sets for Metal 3 as well as making them with the old "Artifact Coins" https://www.roykueppers.com/metal3.html

Also, the OXF set on E's site is $114 (the same price as Roy's) so I guess it is Roy's and not Schoolcraft's
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
AceTheInfinite
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of AceTheInfinite
This is a slimmed down set, no shim in the Shell and a gravity flipper..
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2035 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, AceTheInfinite wrote:
This is a slimmed down set, no shim in the Shell and a gravity flipper..

Well then it can't really be an OxF, as the shim in the shell and the magnet in the flipper are what make a shell+flipper an OxF set to begin with.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5115 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I read a bunch of drama on Facebook about this set. I guess E is addressing it now in their ad copy.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1302 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
They should have called it something else such as an of no X the X stands for the extra-magnetic property of the gimmick. OxyCleanFLipper = OCF would even have been better than ripping of the name from another maker and confusing people about the properties.
The facebook drams was because of this as well as the original poster saying Roy worked for Schoolcraft....Roy has his own operation and is not a part of Schoolcraft. Schoolcraft is a different person and gaff maker entirely.
It is kinda weird to me that all this happened today.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2035 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2018, Mobius303 wrote:
They should have called it something else such as an of no X the X stands for the extra-magnetic property of the gimmick. OxyCleanFLipper = OCF would even have been better than ripping of the name from another maker and confusing people about the properties.
The facebook drams was because of this as well as the original poster saying Roy worked for Schoolcraft....Roy has his own operation and is not a part of Schoolcraft. Schoolcraft is a different person and gaff maker entirely.
It is kinda weird to me that all this happened today.

OxyCleanFlipper/OCF wouldn't work either.. the OxF already stands for (Ox)yclean (F)lipper.

I don't know about the Facebook fight, but I do know Jamie Schoolcraft came up with the OxF - I bought one of the first sets.
I was surprised when Kueppers started selling them -- I have no idea if any arrangements/agreements were made there (or not).

From Schoolcraft's site:
REF: https://coingaffs.com/collections/oxf-va......f-dollar

Quote:
The OxF is my newest creation. The OxF was thought of while watching Eric Jones Lecture at a very infamous Fayetteville magic convention (those that were there will remember it well). He was lecturing on his “Oxy-Clean Coin Routine”. There is a move where the flipper and shell are tossed together from one hand to the other. While it can be done with great success after a little practice, I thought if you just add a small magnet to the flipper, shim and teflon the shell, and give it the properties of the 3CM, it would work much easier without the risk of un-nesting. So that’s when I came up with the “Oxy-Clean Flipper Set” or OxF for short. I have these gimmicks available in Soft Morgan Dollars, Average Circulation Morgan Dollars, Peace Dollars, Walking Liberties, Kennedy’s, and Barber Halves. This initial run is a short run, so they will go quickly. I am planning a longer run once I return. The price for the OxF gimmicks vary, depending on your choice of coins you would like the gimmick made from.
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of magojose|
As far as I know, it was Jamie Schoolcraft who coined the OXF name. Also he use to made 3CF sets on half dollar size and OXF was part of that set too. Don’t know why he stop making them
Masterallen
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Masterallen
Ladies/Gentlemen...I have been practicing for about two years now. In the beginning I purchased the S&S set from Denny Haney in Baltimore. Denny showed me a couple of performances with the set and off I went to dazzle friends and family. For some reason my interest turned to cards and I dropped all ambitions of being the next great coin magician.

Today I find myself playing with coins again. Well, we all respond to certain teaching styles and I find myself responding very well to Eric Jones. I am thinking about purchasing Metal “High-Impact Coin Magic” to learn the basics and build upon that.

I would love to have the input from other magicians “if I can call myself one” on my train of thought.

P.S. My new found interest in coins can be attributed to Eric Jones “Metal 4” and the OFX set. I’m a sucker for well made high end precision tools such as the OFX Set that Jammie Schoolcraft offers. I would love to hear thoughts on that also.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8728 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Welcome to the Café, allen. Smile

You can't go wrong with Eric's work, he knows this stuff in & out, and started from where you're starting from...the beginning. Smile

His latest, "Metal 4" is pretty nice, but the initial "Metal Series 1-3" would better take you through coin magic without missing a step.
There are other good works out there to learn from, but none any better than Eric Jones. He's a real student of the art, on his way to one day being regarded as a Master, IMHO. Smile

S&S is a fun effect, and I see you sorta like the trick-coin stuff, and it's a lot of it out there to play with. More basically, you can also find a lot of amazing fun in the simpler gaff coins, like a c/s coin, and a s*el*...Loads of good magic with these little add-ins. Smile Also, SOH is good to get down well, even if you like the tricky stuff...It makes it all better and can help to make things appear even more impossible. *Also, if you want a little workhorse up-your-alley as to the tricky stuff, check into JJs Coin Coalition...Lotta amazing magic in that one for you. Smile

**Oh, and after 40+ years, I'm still no "next great coin magician" either, Smile but lucky you don't have to be, to be decent-enough with coins. Smile

Good journey to you, and again, "Welcome." Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Masterallen
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Masterallen
Marion...I want to thank you for the best piece of advice I have had in a long time. I have realized that if I want to be good at something I need to learn the basics first. I live this way in my personal and professional life and this is no different. I guess I was amazed at the production of metal 4. Eric’s first in the series looks like it’s the way I’m going to go. Once again thank you for what I find to be good sound solid advice...Allen
Masterallen
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Masterallen
Marion...I forgot to give props where props are due. Excellent performance on you videos...Allen
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8728 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks allen for the good words here. Smile

And yes, always good to start at the beginning. Smile

Good journey to you my friend.

Have a great New Year everybody. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
I really think Metal 3 is awesome. The coins one needs are vast, but if you have a collection like I do, it really gives possibility to the tools. Highly recommended.
Masterallen
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Masterallen
Charles Gaff. I have purchased Metal 1 and intend to work my way up to 4.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
That's a worthy goal. I really enjoy coin work when I'm enjoying it haha. Eric has a great casual yet magical style. Enjoy!
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Eric Jones is the full package as a great coin magic master. His aim is always the impact he has on the customer, and he never falls into the trap of doing things to please magicians. As said above, his style is delightful and casual, which is something you almost need to fit in with all types of people. He has some true gold in his Metal series. For example, a gesture of both hands, which he reveals, has turned even a simple coin vanish like a French drop, into a miracle. Because people just assume your hands are totally empty after this. Many magicians wrongly assume a simple vanish cannot be turned into a miracle. But if you mine Jones' teaching for gold, and use what works best for you, you will be greatly rewarded.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Metal 4 by Eric Jones (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL