The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NOTAS - new book by Alexander de Cova (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Here is an update from 2 weeks ago.

https://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtop......#p350829
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Just received email from Alexander giving full update and promising some free downloads for the delay. Thanks, much appreciated
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Alexander is one of the good guys in magic.

The book may be late. But it will be great.
mitch731
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mitch731
Anybody else getting nervous about this book? I spoke with Christopher at Lybrary about a time frame. He has yet to receive the material from Alexander so no time frame can be given.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On May 4, 2019, mitch731 wrote:
Anybody else getting nervous about this book? I spoke with Christopher at Lybrary about a time frame. He has yet to receive the material from Alexander so no time frame can be given.

That is concerning that the material isn't in the hands of Lybrary to start looking at book production.
mitch731
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of mitch731
Quote:
On May 4, 2019, Drtriage wrote:
Quote:
On May 4, 2019, mitch731 wrote:

That is concerning that the material isn't in the hands of Lybrary to start looking at book production.

I agree. For me the PayPal refund window is getting too close for comfort.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Im his fan, genius ideas and great contributions he has made to magic.

This is one of the books really want to add to the library but never ordered because of the first delay... only hope when he releases we can all order and receive.

https://solidmagic.org/notas/ does not work anymore... weird..

Thank you Alexander, hope everything is ok with you!
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1180 Posts

Profile of Chris
Folks, just wanted to comment publicly. First of all, I can confirm that Lybrary.com, and with this I myself, stand behind Alexander de Cova's Notas book and we will produce and print it. There are good reasons for the delay which I will leave for Alex to explain or not explain. They are of personal nature. Everything that Alex has released over the years has been exceptional and Notas will be no different. It could very well become his Magnum Opus. I do not have a timeline and it may still take a good amount of waiting, but I am sure the waiting will be more than worth it.

In the meantime, those who are not familiar with Alexander de Cova, or those who want to study some of the incredible material this man has already released, go here https://www.lybrary.com/alexander-de-cova-m-225193.html His Scrapbook series is wonderful. His "Lager Switch" is as clean a move as it can be. (Please be aware that some of the products listed in the link above are in German and some in English. The language of the product description is the language of the product itself.)
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On May 4, 2019, Chris wrote:
Folks, just wanted to comment publicly. First of all, I can confirm that Lybrary.com, and with this I myself, stand behind Alexander de Cova's Notas book and we will produce and print it. There are good reasons for the delay which I will leave for Alex to explain or not explain. They are of personal nature. Everything that Alex has released over the years has been exceptional and Notas will be no different. It could very well become his Magnum Opus. I do not have a timeline and it may still take a good amount of waiting, but I am sure the waiting will be more than worth it.

In the meantime, those who are not familiar with Alexander de Cova, or those who want to study some of the incredible material this man has already released, go here https://www.lybrary.com/alexander-de-cova-m-225193.html His Scrapbook series is wonderful. His "Lager Switch" is as clean a move as it can be. (Please be aware that some of the products listed in the link above are in German and some in English. The language of the product description is the language of the product itself.)

As a month has passed, I wonder if there was any update? (when there are delays - which we recognise do happen, the most frustrating thing is if no updates are given)
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1180 Posts

Profile of Chris
I will repeat what I already wrote: "I do not have a timeline and it may still take a good amount of waiting." When I have news I will post it here.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2019, Chris wrote:
I will repeat what I already wrote: "I do not have a timeline and it may still take a good amount of waiting." When I have news I will post it here.

Thanks for the reminder.

Hopefully there will be some news in the not too distant future

(you can appreciate those of us who have paid 109 Euros many months ago have a degree of concern)
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Delays in magic are common (sadly) when it comes to magic books. I guess this is publishing a book is often a one-man operation in magic.

It might be depressing to hear this but in my experience it is only worth "checking in" every 6 months or so. That tends to be the pace at which things happen when a book is delayed. Hopefully this book will be ready sooner than that.

Either way - it should be great. It is great as well that Chris is standing behind the book as well. He is one of the most honourable people in magic. That is something I know for a fact.

Joe Mckay
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Here is the latest update from Alexander de Cova.

"I am having the last texts proofread by Russell J. Hall, finally an editor who works and fulfils the promises! I had real difficulties finding someone who would do the task. Mark Elsdon recommended him to me. So I would say we are 95% through the works on the book. As written Chris Wasshuber will be doing all the printing/sending and the digital versions as well."
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Good news! 😀
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Alexander de Cova also has an excellent magic blog that is worth checking out.

https://solidmagic.org/
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Here is an email update that Alexander sent out today:

------------

Dear friends!

First of all, thank you so much for your patience. The NOTAS book you ordered is shortly before being ready. Due to my diabetes diagnosis, the life-style change, and other unexpected things, this turned out to be a nightmare for me. But things are better now, and — the most important thing that kept me from finishing the work — I finally found an excellent editor with Russell J. Hall, who is working perfectly with me. We are finishing the lasts texts.

Enclosed is a sneak preview version as PDF, where you can have a presentiment of how the whole project will be like. I estimate that I am finished within the next 10 days with the layout (as you can see, all is in the layout already, all photos are done, and I am really only waiting the lasts texts.

It will be about 350 pages, and Chris Wasshuber from lybrary.com will handle the printing, the shipping, and the digital versions, which you all get from him in addition to your printed book.

I hope this is some good news for you all, and I deeply apologize again for this massive delay.

But finally, it will be only a short time left.

Best wishes,
Alexander

P.S.: There is so much material that we will have to make a second volume of NOTAS.

----------------
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Very much looking forward to the book being printed - perhaps may come in time for Christmas this year.
I am sure it will be well worth the wait.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
It will be worth the wait!
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Here is a short update from Chris Wasshuber:

"There are a couple of bigger projects I am involved in. One is Alexander de Cova's “Notas” book. This work had been announced quite a while back by Alexander, but it is now finally in the proofreading stage. That means we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. However, don't get too excited just yet, because proofreading takes time if it is done carefully. But progress is real and it is a book that will definitely be published. I can also say it is awesome..."
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Was wondering whether anyone knew of progress on Notas? - as noted above it was at proofreading stage over 6 months ago (and presumably can continue in 'lockdown' - perhaps even giving a better opportunity to focus on checking it)?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NOTAS - new book by Alexander de Cova (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL