The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Balance by Joshua Jay (148 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I love Joshua Jay's magic, and I like this trick, but at $200 its overpriced in my opinion - that's like a $50 toothbrush!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
As a display piece,I personally would have preferred if this had used more premium looking objects. A nice fountain pen, an antique looking bottle, an old key or something, an antique looking cigarette case, etc.

That said, this is meant to be performed so I get the "everyday" looking objects logic (and the context of the prison routine).

No matter what though, this effect is very staged with its specific set of objects you have to bring to the table...and is thus not impromptu in performance.

Since the objects will always be in doubt anyway, I would have personally preferred it to have a more premium/mysterious look and feel to it. And forego the "everyday object" convincer which to me is not that convincing.

As it is, it won't work for my needs but it looks to be a fantastic release nevertheless.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
My question is how do you end this trick?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its in the Marketplace....
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
IMO it might look nice as a display on a shelf, but it looks like a bunch of items with m....ts embeded in those items.

I knew it .. flying moths. Makes the items lighter than air.

But yes ... I echo your sentiment. I guess that is why you borrow some of the objects.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, shomemagic wrote:
My question is how do you end this trick?

With a standing O!!

I liken this to something like the stupid bean trick. (that's the name) At first it seems like nothing then it builds to something.

A good patter to end with the ending of the trick to close the show.

And Ladies and gentlemen magic is still and will remain a Mystery!! YEEAAAAAA!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
As a display piece,I personally would have preferred if this had used more premium looking objects. A nice fountain pen, an antique looking bottle, an old key or something, an antique looking cigarette case, etc.

That said, this is meant to be performed so I get the "everyday" looking objects logic (and the context of the prison routine).

No matter what though, this effect is very staged with its specific set of objects you have to bring to the table...and is thus not impromptu in performance.

Since the objects will always be in doubt anyway, I would have personally preferred it to have a more premium/mysterious look and feel to it. And forego the "everyday object" convincer which to me is not that convincing.

As it is, it won't work for my needs but it looks to be a fantastic release nevertheless.

The objective is to use ORDINARY objects. A wooden pencil. well, you get it.

It's not for everyone, just like all other magic or mentalism effects... Not for everyone.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
^ I acknowledged that in my comment....I get it.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Since we are talking about Joshua's Balance, one might like to checkout THIS and THIS.

And for the inquisitive, there's a possible explanation as to how the Danny Cole's trick was done. Teaser: Find it if you can? Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
Thank you Ustaad! I had thought of this act when I saw balance too... either way... it’s super beautiful.
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
Since we are talking about Joshua's Balance, one might like to checkout THIS and THIS.

And for the inquisitive, there's a possible explanation as to how the Danny Cole's trick was done. Teaser: Find it if you can? Smile

Smile

The 3 remaining cubes at the end in P&T read LIE! Smile . I read it immediately after he said "It is real magic!" Smile
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, Ustaad wrote:

Smile

I love the block idea, with the final levitation of the three blocks. IMHO - The three remaining L I E blocks suspended looks much more magical than just a balancing act with a toothbrush, bottle and a pencil

!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Joshua can I get a review copy? 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
And have a look at THIS wonderful floating cube.

Enjoy! Smile

Smile
P.S. . . . and before I get thrashed, let's get back on topic please. Smile Thank you.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I love the look of this!

I have a couple of practical problems though.

I'm not always last on stage (you can't carry this off for the next performer to come on - unless there are curtains to hide behind)

And at family shows I usually have to pack away and leave while there are still people around.
McCoy
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
136 Posts

Profile of McCoy
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could click your fingers at the end, and the whole thing tumbled down..
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
And have a look at THIS wonderful floating cube.

Enjoy! Smile

Smile
P.S. . . . and before I get thrashed, let's get back on topic please. Smile Thank you.

Omg, this this and this have just completely blown me away.... that is the best levitation I have ever seen. It made me feel like the first time I was wowed by magic at the age of 7 years old.
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Yeah agree the cube looks great . Joshua’s looks obvious imo
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
Is this a stage/ parlor trick or could it be done closeup?

This is such an important question. I hope we get an answer soon, but I suspect it is not for close-up.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2018, thecromulent wrote:
Quote:
Is this a stage/ parlor trick or could it be done closeup?

This is such an important question. I hope we get an answer soon, but I suspect it is not for close-up.

I think it's pretty obvious this is not for close up?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Balance by Joshua Jay (148 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL