The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Glance Book Test (NEW updated) by Steve Thompson (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Glance Book Test (NEW updated for 2018) by Steve Thompson

My review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0eNjJr5caM

Originally this was released in 2012

What happens?

You present the current issues of two popular magazines and allow a spectator to examine both of them and choose one. You turn away and instruct her to open her magazine to any page and think of any word. "But let's find a good word," you say, "Make it a difficult word." She thinks of any word, on any page. It could be buried in an ad or a word from a picture caption. It's all fair game. Once she has a word in her mind, she closes the magazine and you turn around. You look her in the eyes and tell her what word she is thinking of.

Who is this?

Glance is the ingenious creation of Ireland's Steve Thompson. In collaboration with Vanishing Inc. and designed by Andi Gladwin; with the blessing of Ted Karmilovich (creator of Mother of All Book Tests).

How is it?

Glance allows you to perform one of the most impossible, memorable feats of mentalism with an object everyone has heard of and has read before. And with Steve's ingenious new system, you don't even need to fish for any information about the word before revealing it.
No glimpses
No preparation
No counting
No short pages
No stooges
No peeks
No sleight-of-hand
No cues
No guesses

Read what other Café Members have said about this:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=303

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......orum=218
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I have been using Glance since it was created - and I have loved it.

I also created (for myself after doing this hundreds of times) some better ways of doing the routine more powerfully...

However, this "new" version really isn't too new - those that already have this can probably save their $$$. There is nothing groundbreakingly new here.

That is more or less in the review... but if you do *not* have this, I would say grab the $50 set as it is phenomenal.

I always change the covers out - Economist or Time are best using a long reach stapler.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
It's a good test. I don't remove the covers as both magazine covers do exist and can be checked. The short near word version of the reveal is the best imo.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I agree with Brent above: you don’t need this if you already purchased the original. the only differences are the magazines. All else is the same. I now have the original and the "new" version, and I could have done just as well with just the original ones.

Jim
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Agree with the above. I would recommend this for someone who does not have any kind of book test and is looking for one. Easy to do with room for embellishment in presentation if you so wish.
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
FAST 50 deal currently at magicandsuch. I'm getting the combo for $22.50

Plenty left but deal expires in 3 hours.

Edit: based on cover appearance (gold in thumbnail vs red) this appears to be the updated version.
Harley Remington
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Harley Remington
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2019, skoldpadda wrote:
FAST 50 deal currently at magicandsuch. I'm getting the combo for $22.50

Plenty left but deal expires in 3 hours.

Edit: based on cover appearance (gold in thumbnail vs red) this appears to be the updated version.

Thanks for the heads up--I got it just under the wire!
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
I just saw they sold out before the time limit. Glad you got it as well! That it went so fast probably says a lot about how great the effect is.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Some people got great deals. It is one of the better tests out there. The only negative imo is that a magazine won't hold up to regular use as well as a book. What I like about this test is the option to reveal a short word before the !@#$** word. This work well in my experience.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
MJM Magic just put them on sale for half price https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-27681.html
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2018, aligator wrote:
Agree with the above. I would recommend this for someone who does not have any kind of book test and is looking for one. Easy to do with room for embellishment in presentation if you so wish.

This is me. Very pleased with this. Recommended for other book test newbies!
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Glance Book Test (NEW updated) by Steve Thompson (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL