The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chicago tapes DVD/visions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of magicmann
I don,t think these have been discussed yet but I would like to know what you think of the Chicago tapes and visions by Eugene Burger.

I know the DVD's are a rerelease but I wondered wether they were good quality DVD's. I also wondered what the book was like
Thanks
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Anyone received them? I ordered them from Miracle Factory in order to get the signed book version but never heard back from them even if I send them several e-mails. That was the first time I ordered directly from them. Anyone had the same bad experience with them?
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
No bad experiences. Sometimes things take longer than anticipated. Be patient. Todd puts out great stuff.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of magicmann
Hasn't anyone received these yet
Todd Karr
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
152 Posts

Profile of Todd Karr
Hi, everyone.

1908: I personally respond promptly to every email we receive, so if you send me your name and email address, I will try to figure out the lack of response you say you've had (email is toddkarr@aol.com). You're also welcome to use our toll-free number (877) 707-4268 if you feel you're having a problem reaching us. We do have a few of the autographed copies left, 1908, and for you alone, I will take off $5 for the inconvenience you've apparently experienced.

For all other interested parties, The Chicago Tapes sets were sent out between April 30 and May 5 via US Media Mail, which can take up to two weeks in some areas. If your order hasn't shown up by now, please let us know and we'll trace it with the delivery confirmation number.

Best wishes,
Todd
The Miracle Factory
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Just got mine in the mail on Saturday. Given the fact that I already own the tapes and wanted to update to DVD, I'm really happy with them. The book is a great commentary on things that are talked about on the discs by everyone involved: Eugene, David Parr, Jack Gould, Michael Caplan, etc. Really nice stuff.

It's nice to see instruction on how to make Eugene's coinclip. I made one about a year ago, but Eugene's directions are much easier.

Once again, Todd, nice going!!

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Todd Karr
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
152 Posts

Profile of Todd Karr
Mark:
I'm glad to hear you're so pleased with The Chicago Tapes set!
Best wishes,
Todd
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
Quote:
On 2004-05-17 07:19, lastnitesfun wrote:

It's nice to see instruction on how to make Eugene's coinclip. I made one about a year ago, but Eugene's directions are much easier.

Mark

In the VHS version of Real Secrets, Eugene offered a free coin clip with the purchase of the video. Does he honor the same offer with the DVD?

Thanks!
Brandon
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
Quote:
On 2004-05-17 07:19, lastnitesfun wrote:

Mark

In the VHS version of Real Secrets, Eugene offered a free coin clip with the purchase of the video. Does he honor the same offer with the DVD?

Thanks!
Brandon
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
No, he shows how to make them, though. Which is, frankly, more important information.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
Thanks, Mark, for the reply!
I assumed the dvds were identical to the tapes, but it sounds like there might be some added footage. I haven't watched Real Secrets for quite some time but I don't recall an explanation of how to make the clip (other than saying what he makes them from and that you can mail him to receive a free one).
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
I don't have the VHS. The new release in DVBD format does teach how to make the clip. And the book also talks a little a bit why he did'nt offer the free clip anymore.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
So as far as Eugene fans go should one go with this or reccomend one of his books?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chicago tapes DVD/visions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL