The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Maxwell's Signature Opener - The Other Brothers (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Maxwell's Signature Opener - The Other Brothers.
I asked the sellers about this - how easy it it to perform they replied really easy anyone could do it. Which leaves me to believe the total opposite. Anyone know about this?
farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
I'm watching and waiting just like you. $30(includes shipping from Vanishing Inc.-- YOU GUYS ROCK!!) -- lead in to a signed card trick...Looks up my alley. If it's what they say I'm in .. I like the Other Brothers ( You guys rock too!) The trailer says buy me -- I hope someone who has or has seen/or has one say buy it too.

Magic bux as well as any others are getting harder to come buy. So is you is or is you ain't my baby ?????
garyogden1957
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Piff says don't buy it!
I think it is some sort of shell?
Pencil in a Sharpie?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Piff says don’t buy it was a joke!!!! He’s being funny if you know his character . Yes to me it looks like a shell. Which could be a good thing. No pulls. Waiting for reviews.
Silverstar
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Silverstar
Anymore on this???
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think it looks pretty darn visual. If it does employ a s____l, then my first concern is that the thing LOCKS really, really TIGHT, for curious spectators, if you know what I mean.

Dan Harlan's "Stash" locks SUPER tight: No chance of someone discovering the secret.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It looks pretty good to me, nice little "opener" as is said. No matter how it works, it look pretty magical and certainly is an attention getter and would lead really well into your next trick. What's not to like? Smile

For a quicky, attention-grabber that looks like real magic at the fingertips, this looks like a winner that really does the trick! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I'd like to think that Mac King and Piff wouldn't be involved if this were absolute junk but who knows these days.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
My one concern is that while doing whatever move is necessary to accomplish the effect, is there a chance of stabbing your hand with the point of the pencil?

Believe me, I've actually stabbed myself accidentally with a pencil point before, and it hurts in a nasty way!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2018, Mb217 wrote:
It looks pretty good to me, nice little "opener" as is said. No matter how it works, it look pretty magical and certainly is an attention getter and would lead really well into your next trick. What's not to like? Smile

For a quicky, attention-grabber that looks like real magic at the fingertips, this looks like a winner that really does the trick! Smile

I have one coming. Yes cool opener or just to watch yourself in the mirror. 😂 😂
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's now been released? They were supposed to send me a notification e-mail!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I believe it ships on Dec. 10, available for pre-order now.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I just saw that Penguin will carry it.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2018, daffydoug wrote:
My one concern is that while doing whatever move is necessary to accomplish the effect, is there a chance of stabbing your hand with the point of the pencil?

Believe me, I've actually stabbed myself accidentally with a pencil point before, and it hurts in a nasty way!

That's why my wife doesn't let me near any sharp objects.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Lol!! Good one!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I went ahead and pre-ordered at Penguin. If this effect works well, it should be a treat.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Perhaps this would make a nice lead in to a bill in shaprie routine with a sw..tch of the Maxwell's Signature Opener Sharpie.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Perhaps.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2018, magicinsight wrote:
Perhaps this would make a nice lead in to a bill in shaprie routine with a sw..tch of the Maxwell's Signature Opener Sharpie.

From the video, it looks like the butt end of the Sharpie after the pencil transformation is a flat black disc, so after a switch it wouldn’t match a regular Sharpie or any of the gaffed versions. But maybe that would fly by, or you could cover it with handling.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've never seen a Sharpie with a flat end. Sounds odd.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Maxwell's Signature Opener - The Other Brothers (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL