The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best TEACHER of The Classic Pass? (on video or books) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1315 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I don't know how well he teaches them, but you get the Classic Pass, Brick Pass 2.0, Cover Pass, The Open Pass, Herrmann Pass, Spread Pass, BONUS: Pandrea's One Hand Pass, all for $15.

Has anyone who purchased this comment on the quality of teaching?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1482 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
The book that helped me the most is "the Pass" by Gary Ouellet.
I find that Pandrea does a very good job in his recent videos, but there nothing like a good written description to help you grasp such a thing as a complex move (but videos are great to make you realize how good it can look).
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
I think that Alex Pandrea's new pass dvd/download is quit good. He teaches a lot of different variations for different purposes and situations. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow.

However, I do think that he gives the worst advice on the classic pass and shifts in general that I have ever heard at the end of the download. He says that it does not matter if the audience sees that "something happens" when you do the pass because laymen don't know what they are looking for and don't know what a pass is so they won't know what happened. He justifies this by saying that when he was a kid he saw an older magician perform the classic pass where he saw that something happened but was still fooled and blow away because he did not know what happened.

I could not agree less with this. Iaf a layperson sees "something" the effect is over. If a magicians sees "something" but don't know what happened we are much more likely to be impressed and think that "wow, that is invisible!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best TEACHER of The Classic Pass? (on video or books) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL