The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Shezam! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
661 Posts

Profile of danaruns
How did I not know about this podcast???

Kayla Drescher and Carisa Hendrix have an important feminist magic podcast called Shezam. The subject sounds like a super narrow topic, but ends up being hugely broad and a deep dive into magic performance and culture.

As I post this, the most recent episode features the incredible and always fabulous Lily von Schtupp, a wonderful burlesque vagician and one of my favorite female performers and personalities in the whole wide world. But there are a bunch of episodes, and I'm currently going through them all, and so far they are amazing. I only found out about this because someone told me they discuss one of my routines (card to tampon) in the 13th episode. But I'm glad I found out about it, because I'm enjoying all the podcast episodes so much that I wanted to share them with you. The subjects are important and timely, and they have guests like Max Maven, Mistie Knight, Virginia Hankins, Handsome Jack, and, of course, the aforementioned Lily von Schtupp.

Women will be particularly interested, but men should listen too.

Here's a link: http://www.shezampod.com/?fbclid=IwAR1AZ......kXC0GzHM
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Shezam! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL