The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Multisensory Bags by Luca Volpe, Alan Wong & Paul McCaig (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
On presale today!
Have you ever wished to perform a full 10 minutes psychometry stage routine that is entertaining and impossible to backtrack? Well, now you can with the Multisensory Bags!

Includes:

1. Five zippered Multisensory Bags
2. One big zippered bag
3. Booklet
4. Digital downloads

More information - https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63142
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I have preordered a set of these bags from Jheff. I would have preferred to wait for a review or two, but decided to trust the three very credible guys behind it.

I love the pseudo-psychometry plot, and the promise of multiple cues was irresistible.

George
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Not quite willing to preorder as George has done but definitely going to keep an eye on this.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I like the idea of multiple ways to do this. I am sure this is a quality product. My only comment, and this is strictly personal preference, I don't think I would like the bags with the design on them as it shows. I would prefer less attention to them. To me they speak of "prop" which is what they are, I know. Maybe I'm just being picky.

Ron
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
What will be the deal maker or breaker for me is the means of identifying the contents of the bag that goes into the bigger bag for the final reveal.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
HI guys thanks for the comment.
So we spent a lot of time, creating what I think is an innovative way of M....king bags . In fact, the beauty is that each bag has 3 way of m....king this mean that each revelation has a different method, and trust me, I have performed this for a while now and I fooled also magicians and mentalists!
About the design, we thought a LOT on this and we come up with this design for various reasons.
1. The visual m....king has to be very quick (and it is)
2. We spent a lot of time looking at the "toiletries nylong bags" the one used for traveling and we so many different design, and some very strange too, so there is nothing to worry about, as always if we start to think as magicians...game over ...lol....
3. Each set is hand made, and Alan Spent so much time to put together all the bags guys that you have no idea, and trust me, when you will get this in the hands, you will love it.

Included in the download is my routine using Mobile Phones which I am using in my new show CONNECTION, all the script is there for you and you will LOVE to perfoerm it, as everything make sense and is very fun to do it too!
Also, I always heated the old drawstrings bags, this have finally a modern look and the fact that there is a zipper, there is no worry anymore that an object can fall (so if you use expansive items no to worry anymore!)

I am sure you will have a lot of fun with this guys!
And thanks as always for your support, you know very well that every time I release something (like THE FOX, The TBC BOX etc...) is all material that is for the working performers, nothing that you will keep in the drawer!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Sounds good.

Pm'd you Luca.
magusofpower
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
15 Posts

Profile of magusofpower
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2018, mrmagic0 wrote:
I like the idea of multiple ways to do this. I am sure this is a quality product. My only comment, and this is strictly personal preference, I don't think I would like the bags with the design on them as it shows. I would prefer less attention to them. To me they speak of "prop" which is what they are, I know. Maybe I'm just being picky.

Ron

I also would prefer if the bags were plain or were only a single solid color. The designs are neat looking (and are probably part of the m****** system) but it causes them to look more like a prop. I have purchased very similar sized and designed zipper bags from New Age shops (manufactured by The Unemployed Philosophers Guild) for storing Tarot cards and/or Runes so these type bags are available. Regardless, the ability to get the information in multiple ways is a clever and useful addition to the classic psychometry bag and I am sure they are of the highest quality. I will likely try them out as the audience will clearly see more than one bag themselves and will naturally conclude they are identical.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2018, aligator wrote:
Sounds good.

Pm'd you Luca.

PM'd you alligator Smile

Many thanks,

Paul McCaig.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Great review from Jheff!

LUCA VOLPE, ALAN WONG, PAUL MCCAIG
MULTISENSORY BAGS
Suggested Retail Price:$59
http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/multbags/

THE BLURB:
Have you ever wished to perform a full 10 minutes psychometry stage routine that is entertaining and impossible to backtrack? Well, now you can with the Mu ltisensory Bags!

The Multisensory Bags is a modern approach to psychometry routines that uses a modern nylon zippered bag design and three ways of marking each bag! Yes! There are three ways that you can know, for each of the bags, which person placed an object inside!

Imagine calling five people on stage, and each one places a personal object (or even their phone!) inside their bag. A different spectator then mixes the order of the bags. Amazingly, you will be able to open each bag and give the object back to its owner... BUT... in multiple revelations! You can even be blindfolded!

With the Multisensory Bags, it will be impossible for the spectators to backtrack the method, as each time you are going to use a different method! Each method will cancel out the others!

Onc e you will get these bags, you will immediately add them to your repertoire! You will achieve impressive results with a professional tool that is a breeze to use!

Always ready when needed, high quality props and easy to carry everywhere you go!

The future of psychometry has arrived with The Multisensory Bags!

Includes:

1. Five zippered Multisensory Bags
2. One big zippered bag
3. Booklet
4. Digital downloads

**JHEFF’S GUIDE**

WHAT IT IS:
Special props with routine and ideas incl uded

HOW ACCURATE OR COMPLETE THE BLURB IS:
It doesn't detail the routine, but each phase uses a different technique which will cancel out the previous method for any laymen, and also many magicians or mentalists, who may know what's going on.

SET-UP AND RE-SET:
No set-up required and resets instantly.

WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED THAT YOU NEED OR NEED TO KNOW:
(list of what’s not included that the performer needs)

SUITABLE VENUES:
Close-up, Parlour, Stage

JHEFF’S JUDGMENT:
You might think that the mentalist world needs another set of psychometry bags like the magic world needs another version of ACAAN, but Luca Volpe, Paul McGaig, and Alan Wong have created a set of incredibly practical bags that have three methods built in, something so obvious that's it's almost just as amazing that no one that I'm aware of has ever thought of marketing something this before. These highly recommended, beautifully constructed psychometry bags are a definite upgrade to the set (or sets) you already own and are a must have for any mentalist.

**MY COMMENTS**
You might think that the mentalist world needs another set of psychometry bags like the magic world needs another version of ACAAN, but Luca Volpe, Paul McGaig, and Alan Wong have created a set of incredibly practical bags that have not the usual one method, but three methods built in, something so obvious that's it 's almost just as amazing that no one that I'm aware of has ever thought of marketing something like this before (at least, none that I’m aware of).

The bags themselves are 7" x 9" (the large bag to hold them all is 9" x 13") and look like any common travel nylon zippered bag. One side of the bag has lots of designs on it, many of them being ESP symbols. Some may find this strange, but I don't think anyone will be suspicious of these, especially after you see that you'll eliminate in the audience's minds any possibility that the design is useful to you.

The ad blurb doesn't detail the basic routine as presented in the instructions, so let me detail it for you. The performer asks five people to join him on stage and, while the performer's back is turned, each one puts their cell phone in the bag. The bags are mixed. The performer takes on e bag which is handed to handed to him, opens the bag, removes the phone, gives a brief reading, and returns the phone to the correct owner. Then a second bag is handed to the performer, but in such a way that the design is not facing him so he cannot see that design. Again, the performer removes the phone, gives a brief reading, and returns the phone to the correct owner. This is done a third time, only for this phase, the performer is blindfolded. Finally, members of the audience are asked to call the numbers of each of the remaining phones so that the performer can hear the ringtones. Based on that, the performer gives the two bags to the two remaining participants. Each opens the bag and verifies the performer has correctly identified each phone's owner.

As I already mentioned, there are three different methods built into the bags. That may seem like overkill, and with many perf ormances, it just may be. Even the most basic method will fly by most laymen. With this routine, though, any thoughts they had on any method will be canceled out by the next phase, though. More importantly, since the simple technique is built right into the bag, the performer doesn't have to make any unnatural or extra movements in order to accomplish the different phases or work the different methods. So having more than one built-in method is not only pure genius, but quite unique. Obviously, you don’t have to use all of them in your routine, but, like it’s a good idea to use different methods in a Q&A act, it’s also a good idea to mix methods here, just in case. It requires no extra work and makes the routine look even more impossible.

Let me also say that I love, love, love the idea of using cellphones. Everyone has them and everyone has a personalized phon e, because the apps and contacts and ringtones, etc., on each phone make it unique. And the item is flat and small enough to fit in the bag. One of the problems that I've seen performers make is finding folks with objects that can be put in the bag and that make it interesting and challenging to determine the owner. It's awkward and anti-climactic when one has one lady and two guys on stage and you, as the performer, pull out some lipstick. The entire audience can do this phase of the routine for you. By using cell phones, and having phases that include being blindfolded or keeping the phone in the bag, this eliminates this gender issue. Also, there is a really fun idea that involves cell phones that Luca demonstrates in the video for the last phase.

A final point that I'll make is that these bags come with a bigger bag that holds all five. You don't really need to use this b ag to collect the others, but you can. More importantly, though, if you combine this with something like Luca Volpe's THE FOX, you can fit an entire act or show in this one bag.

The package comes with the six bags, a link to the instructional videos, and a fourteen page booklet containing ideas and methods to get you started using this versatile prop. Although the concept of psychometry bags and the methodologies used in these bags are not new, these highly recommended, beautifully constructed psychometry bags are a definite upgrade to the set (or sets) you already own and are a must have for any mentalist.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I think I may have to pick this up! Love the premise!
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
The Bags are now in stock to all dealers worldwide and they are already going fast 😮
Thanks for your support guys!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Almost sold out guys! We need to wait another batch...hope soon!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Still not many reviews from purchasing customers.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Multisensory Bags by Luca Volpe, Alan Wong & Paul McCaig (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL