The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Steph Curry on moon landing (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2981 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Okay, nothing to do with magic...

And I don't want this to derail into whether the landing took place or not. The guy is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else, but my response would be to ask him WHY he doesn't "think" it happened. Put it back on him. Not "OMG SC says such and so" or "OMG now the NBA is getting into the act." And NASA has offered him a tour of the space center???

One little comment has caused such an uproar???? Gimme a break, people. Get a life.

Yes I know there's a rumor that he may have been joking. If so, that little joke said a lot about our mentality these days.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20877 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lots of people believe this. At some point it is hardly worth asking them why.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2981 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Okay, point taken. So why make it into a big deal ('cuz a celebrity said it?) or get on the defensive, like NASA seems to have done? Then again, the media is all about selling ad time, so I guess there's my answer.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Meanwhile: https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/12/......portant/

It's almost as if some folks have not absorbed 18th century science and want to look at what we have now as tricks.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20877 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2018, George Ledo wrote:
Okay, point taken. So why make it into a big deal ('cuz a celebrity said it?) or get on the defensive, like NASA seems to have done? Then again, the media is all about selling ad time, so I guess there's my answer.

I'm sort George I meant it wasn't worth it for me. NASA has to be very tired of such an amazing accomplishment being treated like that. Must be frustrating.

Conspiracy theories are interesting. They are attractive because they either give you someone to blame, or someone to join.

I agree completely with your position of why make it such a deal?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2981 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
I'm sort George I meant it wasn't worth it for me.

No worries, Danny, I wasn't pointing at you. Smile
www.georgefledo.net

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27226 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Incidentaly: How many minutes does it take to find the context for the quote - and how many people did so? The utility cost of that time. Smile <<about 45 mins in: stoners - weed - memes - staying stuff - moon - Stanley Kubrick - weed carriers - cell phones...>>

"The only explanation is that something has coded nonsense in a way that poses as a useful message; only after wasting time and effort does the deception becomes apparent. The signal functions to consume the resources of a recipient for zero payoff and reduced fitness. The signal is a virus. Viruses do not arise from kin, symbionts, or other allies. The signal is an attack." Peter Watts, Blindsight, 2006.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5131 Posts

Profile of landmark
...or you could have assumed it was a waste of time (hallelujah, experience) and saved 45 minutes...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Steph Curry on moon landing (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL