The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Winner’s Dice by Secret Factory (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..20~21~22 [Next]
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Mine work 100% of the time but to be honest every five to seven times that I use it I will just automatically do the tap adjustment on the die on each number just to keep things running smoothly I've done that from the first time I started using it.
Good magic to all,
Eric
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2019, The great Gumbini wrote:

Mine work 100% of the time but to be honest every five to seven times that I use it I will just automatically do the tap adjustment on the die on each number just to keep things running smoothly I've done that from the first time I started using it.

@Eric: That's a very good and practical suggestion. But you will agree that one can't predict as to when the glitch will come into play.

I would recommend this prop for friendly entertainment purpose, but for a paid gig - sorry No.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
So, it is 100% work every time or not?

And if it is not, is there any way out?
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
It doesn’t work 100% of the time as it’s tryjng to do too much imo. Olly
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It works 100% of the time for me. But I'm not gonna keep on saying how to make sure it does...
I've asked to be banned
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
I still confuse. Some one said it work 100% perfectly but the other said no.
Is it depend on the skill that you have to throw the dice?
Or depend on the gummick that you receive?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Neither. Depends on whether you think about the properties of the gimmicks you receive..
I've asked to be banned
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
302 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
I'm just about to order this as it looks great. I used a similar device for years but was a larger cube with coloured sides. Unfortunately it had a leak and the slime liquid inside seeped out. This Winners Die looks much more reliable and normal die size (guessing it works on magnets or something), but looking forward to receiving it.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Iain’s works 100% of the time that I am completely sure of, others don’t so out of say 20 units 5 will work 100% of the time and 15 won’t so it’s a 25% chance yours won’t.
The times your 25% unit won’t work will be 1 in 4 probably meaning that once or twice out of 10/20, but the fact remains you never know for sure when it will let you down unless of course you got a perfect one from the get go.
Keep returning it until you do get a perfect one or have an out if not. I am a firm believer in buying one thing that does one job well, jack of all trades master of none is something that seems to fit the bill here for most (not all).
I realise Darko doesn’t make them no more (Kreis may) but for me having 3 perfectly identical dice in one pocket (I know the order) from which I can force all 6 numbers (2 from any die) is perfection, after all you put the die away if you need to do again (no reason to anyway) you can if needed grab the identical die (from the specs viewpoint) back out of the same pocket. The more things one utility tries to do the more problems always arise. Olly
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Good advice Olly.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
If anyone wants to part with an extra Darko Die, PM me I’m looking to buy!
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, TheDirectionalist wrote:
If anyone wants to part with an extra Darko Die, PM me I’m looking to buy!

They're really a set vs a die
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I don't mind selling one of mine as I only use 2 of them for a magic square routine. The one I would sell forces 6 or 1 and as I don’t care for a number below 20 in that routine so I am happy to sell that one.
Pm me if interested I will include an exact reg die with it. Olly
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
I don't mind selling one of mine as I only use 2 of them for a magic square routine. The one I would sell forces 6 or 1 and as I don’t care for a number below 20 in that routine so I am happy to sell that one.
Pm me if interested I will include an exact reg die with it. Olly

Pm’d! I’m really looking for two so if anyone wants to sell a spare too, let me know!
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

murray
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of murray
Some comments:

1. Contrary to what's shown in the video, the 1-spot looks like the same size as the spots on the other sides. (Good!)

2. If I recall correctly the advertising blurb gave no clue that you needed to use a mat. In any case, it will take a sufficiently thick mat so as to disguise the presence of one of the gimmicks under it during performance.

3. It was a shame no attention was given in the video on introducing and cleaning up that gimmick.

4. An essential matter about using the gimmicks is inexplicably left until quite near the very end of the video.

5. The video is done at a pace so slow, and with so much totally unnecessary repetition, that I can only describe it as aimed at an idiot.

6. The background music playing during the entirety of the video, although not totally obtrusive, is distracting inane and totally unnecessary.

7. Although the die is examinable and the spectator will discover nothing when examining it, part of the secret _will_ be revealed if the spectator rolls the die again in the glass still sitting on the mat. So it's a shame that Secrete Factory did not supply also a 2nd, ungimmicked die that could be swapped in and leave you cleaner. (I say "cleaner", not "clean, owing to #2, above.)

8. In connection with #7, this trick is misleadingly named "Winner's Dice", whereas it should be named "Winner's Die".

9. In general, instructions in the form of a video that are available only on line, rather than downloadable, are completely evil: what if the website or that page becomes unavailable later on?

10. The video stream from Murphy's Magic was unreliable: four times it just stopped dead for nearly a minute while the spinning wheel went 'round; each time, without further waiting, the only way to continue watching was to use the Pause button, then either just Resume or even "rewind" a bit and then Resume.

11. It does work!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I would also like to add something here that I think may have a lot to do with success or failure of this and that is where you place the second gimmick is very important and depends on how thin of an area you use so the die can come in contact with it. I use my Riser card effect which works excellently. You can feel the connect of the die for the set up. Then use as thin of a material for the rolling part. I use a thin metal tray with the second gimmick attached to the bottom. It looks like an ash tray. I've used this for pay shows and fun practice with excellent results each time.

Good magic to all,
Eric
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Eric you make a valid point one m.g.n.t in one place is no good as you then have to be too precise with any of these type of effects.
As you say you need a thin tin sheet and the magnet underneath it. This transfers the m.g.net to the whole tin sheet making the m.gn.t.c field constant all over. Olly
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
A ferromagnetic tin sheet is what you need with a magnet under that to spread your landing area. Olly
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Without a doubt that is the way to go.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Picked this up over the weekend, not watched the video yet but don’t see me using this often as it is fine if you set it and roll the force number first time. If you have them roll a couple of times to show it’s not loaded gravity does have a tendency to reset it and the chance it will miss is way too high. Mine is 100 percent if you set it then roll the force, about 10 percent if you let them do a couple of test rolls before the force.

Fortunately I picked up a couple of sets or regular m******c forcing dice including a completely transparent set which is gorgeous. This is fine if you want to force two numbers one after the other as both participants rolling different numbers implies the die is not loaded.

If you want to force a single number then the best option is have them roll the force number and then roll a few more times to see tyrant it is not loaded. As I prefer to prove it isn’t loaded before the force I am likely to stick with the regular ones and switch in as required.

I think the idea is good but the internal gimmick isn’t strong enough to withstand a couple of test rolls.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Winner’s Dice by Secret Factory (81 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL