The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Winner’s Dice by Secret Factory (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
@Mark, Thank you sir!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Don't know what feet is, but here they are. Don't attract at this distance. Hope my palm is not as big as your 5 feet.
Also want to mention that you can reset the die with "performance" magnеt alone, no need to use "reset magnеt".

Click here to view attached image.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Five feet is 60 inches. Mine have the same strength as yours, Nikita...
I've asked to be banned
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Five feet is 60 inches. Mine have the same strength as yours, Nikita...

Or 152,4 centimeters, 1,52 meter... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’ve told Mark a million times not to exaggerate. Smile
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
It was nearer a billion Smile but there is no way I would hold mine that close in the same hand, the slightest movement they would be together. The first one got pulled out of my right hand and joined the one in the left and broke in half. On that occasion they were only about 4 or 5 inches apart. The second one was on the table around arms length apart. I had lifted the bowl on and off the round one several times. However on the last one I picked the bowl up and as I was lifting the big one to put it away I caught the edge of the large magnet and it rolled onto its side and the disc skidded across the table at high speed and caused a big flash of sparks as it connected and shattered into loads of pieces. Having had the first one break I was keeping them a fair distance apart and I did not see that coming. It also made an almighty bang as well as the flash so it was pretty cool to watch even if it was annoying.

Funny enough in that particular configuration in the picture they will most likely pbe repelling each other but turn the crosses side towards the other magnet at that distance and you can kiss the disc goodbye.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
However back to the topic, my tests have concluded that if you follow the instruction video, particularly the part about avoiding problems, these dice are extremely reliable and can comfortably withstand multiple test rolls. The first of the two was not able to keep the force number after a few test rolls. After I performed the tap on each side detailed in the video it became extremely reliable to the point where I have not been able to change the force number without intentionally resetting it.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I’m selling mine for a discount if anyone is interested!
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Payner44
Can anyone tell me what size/brand of magnet compares to the round one included with the die?? I want to place it under the close up mat for changing the force number and use the other one under the mat for the actual die roll. Please PM with info.

Thanks!
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The round one is about 24mm in diameter and 3mm in thickness. This is used under the mat for the force. As both of mine were shattered I got a set of 32mm x 2mm which are strong enough and slightly easier to hide. However the one for changing the force number will not go under a mat, it is a very thick and very strong magnet. You could probably reset the force with the disc but you may be sacrificing reliability as the reset one is a lot stronger.

Having continued my tests today I will say that these are bloody good as long as you take the time to watch the instruction video. Mine is now 100% even after very aggressive test rolls. So aggressive that I actually broke the bottom of the cup I was using. Since I watched the instructions I have not been able to get this to fail and believe me I have tried.

Ideally you want to use a bowl with a curved base rather than a wide flat base. Also you want something with a hard base such as a bowl or a glass or china cup. You need something that will allow the dice to bounce. As such a leather dice shaker or a paper cup is not ideal. Follow the instructions and use the right receptacle and this is pretty much bullet proof. It is also pretty hard wearing as I have absolutely abused mine over the last few days and it is still in perfect condition.

If you have any issues with this do the tap each side as shown in the video and then make sure your reciprocal is hard enough to allow the die to bound and make sure it does not have a very wide flat bottom and you should have no problems.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I am looking for Winner's Dice to carryout a typical experiment that I have in mind. Anybody with a very reasonable offer?

2 days ago, I missed one that was on sale (by "Mr. Mindbender") at the Café's Buy-n-Sell.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2019, TheDirectionalist wrote:
I’m selling mine for a discount if anyone is interested!
tjackson8685
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of tjackson8685
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, murray wrote:
Some comments:

9. In general, instructions in the form of a video that are available only on line, rather than downloadable, are completely evil: what if the website or that page becomes unavailable later on?

I was able to download the video by right clicking on the link and saving to my PC
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Andrew_Jeffrey
Mine arrived yesterday, (thanks Saturn) so I'm not yet able to comment on the 100% v 99.9% question.

However, what makes this a worker for me is that with every other loaded die I've ever seen, the final landing looks fake - it stops too abruptly and is easy to spot. With this the roll looks completely natural. The glass allows for a 'hands off' patter "and obviously I can't influnece you in any way as you are rolling it inside a glass" etc. etc/ Will experiment more today. I think a mentalist's dream as it can be examined if requested (but why would you want to, given that it roll differnet numbers each time?)

Limitation - not as impromptu as I'd like, due to the necessary concealments, so really only for a semi-formal sit-down setting. Or, if you use a roll-on table, the reset gimmick could easily be stuck in place somewhere.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hey Guys, if you have the need to force a five or six, check this out. It is with ungimmicked dice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyjec_0sSrY

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
That was an intriguing demonstration. I may attempt that.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I would like to see the landing with this as if you force say no1 and right at the last knockings 6 is showing, then I cannot see it spinning 180 degrees without shuddering on the final landing?
I would love to be proved wrong though. Olly
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The landing is pretty much the same as any other die of this kind. If you use a glass, cup or bowl that allows it to bounce then it looks pretty innocent. I will try and make a video over the weekend.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Now that I’ve watched the entire instructional video, I’ve gotten this to work 100% of the time. The only time it has gone wrong is when I was intentionally trying to make it go wrong by testing out different scenarios. I think the strength of this is being able to force more than one number without any switches. You could predict a randomly generated 3 digit number as part of a one ahead routine. And the real strength is being able to change the number out in the open without putting it out of sight. I think palming the necessary thing is not a good way to do the routine.. I like it!
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Wish they made a matching ungimmicked die available for the Winners Dice.
Long Island,

New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Winner’s Dice by Secret Factory (81 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL