The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom cube Henry harrius (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I have one used for sale. Smile
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Sethekk
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Penguin magic 🙂

Oh...... that joke flew right over my head 😂
Any UK sites? I’ll ping some dealers a message and see if there’s any expected restock.
I’d prefer a brand new one if possible and hopefully without the import fees!
Phil Knoxville
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Phil Knoxville
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2020, Sethekk wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Penguin magic 🙂

Oh...... that joke flew right over my head 😂
Any UK sites? I’ll ping some dealers a message and see if there’s any expected restock.
I’d prefer a brand new one if possible and hopefully without the import fees!

The awesome Saturn Magic have this in stock: https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ius.html

I'm very tempted myself.
'SCIN: Signed Card In Nose' by Phil Knoxville

https://facebook.com/philknoxvillemagic | http://twitter.com/philknoxville
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of magicman812
If this is done on stage, how well can the audience see that the cubes actually match? Or is this more suitable for close-up or smaller venues? I saw a clip of someone doing this on stage and the reactions did not seem as strong as I would have thought. Thanks.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The reactions on stage are not as good as I thought either . This is more suited to a parlour setting imo Gaz 🙂
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I think it should be pretty apparent that a small prop such as Rubik's cube is not going to be seen well on stage without a projector.

Just like the one who used a metal phone on stage and did not get very good reactions.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree RNK but full solves are slightly more doable on stage as everyone recognises the solved state . Once you have to start pointing out that side matches etc etc to a wider audience then imo at least you have kind of lost them to a degree Gaz 🙂
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes, you will lose a stage audience with matching sides, not "kind of" lose them. I also believe that you will turn your audience not in your favor by trying to make them see something so small from a distance. IMO, common sense would say not to do these things without a projector.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
If someone wants to sell his cube I don‘t mind getting a pm.
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
If I wanted to buy a non-gimmicked cube that matches the majority of these gimmicked cubes, which brand/type/style would I buy? Thanks!
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I believe that the RD regular cube

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......ar-cube/
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
$10 is a steal. A normal Rubik's cube costs more sometimes.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Bought the Venom Cube today and really looking forward to it. Smile
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I just got this today and it's fantastic! Add my name to the list of Henry Harrius fans. Superb teaching and everything in the box is absolutely top notch!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2020, Andrew Zuber wrote:
I just got this today and it's fantastic! Add my name to the list of Henry Harrius fans. Superb teaching and everything in the box is absolutely top notch!

Thank you so much. As Henry's close friend, I know he always strive to bring the best, practical cube magic to magicians. Not to mentioned his excellent customer service. Personally I help him via the last Blackpool Magic Convention in February (hope we still have next one, but who knows in this world situation) to stand for his booth due to his absence of convention, during that 3 day I met hundreds of magicians who do RD and their praise to RD product line, not to mentioned they all been so helpful to me as I was the first timer to Blackpool convention.

I cannot tip much, all I can tell you is Henry is always working on new projects on RD, and soon we all will see the next one coming up.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
ScottMN
View Profile
New user
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
72 Posts

Profile of ScottMN
Got mine yesterday - I’m clueless when it comes to solving a cube, but this gives me ability to do the amazing! Instruction is thorough and easy to learn, even for a cube novice... and now I’m a big Henry Harius fan too!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
This is one of the best tricks ever created. I reviewed it on the latest episode of my review show. My son Ryland performed the full routine.

It’s very commercial and an incredible piece of magic. Here’s the link to the show.

https://youtu.be/8R10xXfdVbI

Any questions let me know.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
I've been using Perfect Square for a few years and it has served me well. Unfortunately my dog managed to climb onto my desk and chew up my perfect square gimmick. (Luckily my dog didn't choke)

Rather than buying Perfect Square again (I see it's out of stock in any case), I'm thinking of getting Venom Cube. According to the reviews, this seems to be the best/cleanest gimmicked matching routine. Is that still the case? There isn't a rumour of Venom 2 coming out or another gimmick/routine?

Thanks
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Seems that most people prefer Venom over Perfect Square and I’m one of them. However, if you perform it very close then I do think PS is a little safer. Venom can be seen by an eagle eyed spec if done too close up. I got busted once. It could probably be argued that PS may be better for a one on one performance. But with proper distance of a few feet I do prefer the cleanness of Venom.

As a side note, if you have access to a Dremel tool you can make a PS gimmick in a matter of a few minutes from a Rubiks Dream gimmick, which works just as well to me. I only mention this in case you find you prefer PS and cannot locate one for sale anywhere. Although I would imagine a request for PS in the buy/sell forum would get a few offers.

Glad to hear your dog is okay!
Arthur Chiu
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Arthur Chiu
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2021, videoman wrote:
Seems that most people prefer Venom over Perfect Square and I’m one of them. However, if you perform it very close then I do think PS is a little safer. Venom can be seen by an eagle eyed spec if done too close up. I got busted once. It could probably be argued that PS may be better for a one on one performance. But with proper distance of a few feet I do prefer the cleanness of Venom.

As a side note, if you have access to a Dremel tool you can make a PS gimmick in a matter of a few minutes from a Rubiks Dream gimmick, which works just as well to me. I only mention this in case you find you prefer PS and cannot locate one for sale anywhere. Although I would imagine a request for PS in the buy/sell forum would get a few offers.

Glad to hear your dog is okay!

Venom still my preferred choice, as the cube matching works flawlessly. Agree that distance from your spectator may be required, but if you know your angles and practiced the cube matching.. I'm sure it will get by the spectator. Here's my performance and this was done close-up

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ7p1uTD26o/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Venom cube Henry harrius (52 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL