The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » JayScott Berry Cloaking device for $100 Bill switch (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1404 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
First, anyone who tries to perform with a "raw" Sanada gimmick - meaning one that has not been altered from it's out of the package form, is doing it wrong. After watching JSB, it is clear that a Sanada at a minimum needs to be trimmed and fitted. JSB tapes his to reinforce them and make them almost invisible. Other than shade matching skin, it really can't get much more "invisible".

I cannot imagine anyone getting caught, close-up or otherwise, with a taped, trimmed, fitted Sanada gimmick, particularly if they've seen JSB techniques and handling for the Sanada. When handled properly, the Sanada should never be seen. It's either in Vortex, FP, or covered by the prop.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Nothing brings more comments and strong opinion on the MC than something much better than what is on the market, and what they have never seen.
I do not comment on things I have not seen. I leave that to others. hehe.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Quote: "I cannot imagine anyone getting caught, close-up or otherwise, with a taped, trimmed, fitted Sanada gimmick, particularly if they've seen JSB techniques and handling for the Sanada. When handled properly, the Sanada should never be seen. It's either in Vortex, FP, or covered by the prop."

I am just sharing my experience. I am not trying to disagree. The tape is medical tape. It never matches your skin, as the Sanada plastic does not as well. So it is impossible to use this in close up "openly" without getting caught. I love JSB and he is a genius. But I found that my close up Sanada made from TTip plastic, can be shown openly. yes there are cute ways of hiding a Sanada. But you probably will find that an average spectator will wonder and ask why you don't show your hand freely. I do it and never get caught with my Sanada. But if you do it with the one on the JSB videos (showing it openly and briefly) you will get caught very often. I am just saying there is a reason why people use good thumb tips. the material has improved in a huge way since 40 years ago. you can use some of them openly in close up too. I have applied this thinking to the Sanada and it just kills people . they have no explanation, close up or stage.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1404 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
This has been an interesting discussion. I seek the truth. My truth is that I can't picture a routine and use for a Sanada gimmick where it is necessary and required for the spectator to look at the gimmick directly while the magician is wearing it. Really that's it. I might be entirely wrong. We would have to get specific here into the exact use of said gimmick and the effect it used in, the handling, routining and what not to really determine if the need exists to camouflage a Sanada in the manner you describe. While that is easily accomplished in person, here is another story.

It's been fun discussing though... Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Dear Kaliix, I just did a show yesterday. I do a very simple sponge ball routine with my Sanada. I put one in their hand they open their hand and they have one. I put it back. I show them the other one clearly in my hand no sleeves. People can see this in a crowd of 100. I make it disappear instantly and show my hand cleanly. People need to see my hand, that it is gone. If not this will not work. that is why I had to come up with this. The one thing they comment on in my show is this. I wish it was something else. Some great magic. But this. It is like a miracle because they see a big red sponge ball and then it is gone. they can see both hands completely . nothing hidden.

That is why I developed the close up Sanada. due to getting reamed at the post office, I sell two for 15 shipped. I am not trying to promote this. But if you found something and got lucky and improved it, where people thought they had really seen a miracle, you want to share it. It is a pain to make. I like you and agree I thought exactly like you upon seeing Jay S. Berry's Penguin lecture. He is an absolute genius. But I can do miracles he can never do with his sanada. I developed the Close Up Sanada. I use it close up and it just blows minds. But to do my effects I could never do it with a normal Sanada the only other one on the market. as for visibility, it is garbage compared to mine. I threw mine away after developing this. The sanada, if it is made right, as I do, is of the best miracle devices in the world. Ok Kalix, pm me with your address. I will send you one. I respect you for your being a thorough magic scholar, researcher and gentleman.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2599 Posts

Profile of John Long
Countrymaven and Kaliix:

I am interested in what each of you are saying and would like to know who to believe/trust (yet since the matter involves various aspects, the answer may not be just one of you).

Soooooo, if I be so bold as to suggest that you two meet/talk privately/share video clips.., and then report back your conclusions (which may still involve differing opinions). Please note, I am not suggesting this to squelch the discussion, but rather to (possibly) reach a conclusion that all in the Café could benefit from.

So again, I AM interested in this matter; I have a Sanada, but never used it.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » JayScott Berry Cloaking device for $100 Bill switch (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL