The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Portland/Vancouver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Hi all,
I'm in the Portland and Vancouver area for a few days, re-connecting with my roots before my birthday. Obviously I will be making a stop at Dave's Killer Magic and Powell's.

Are there any really weird museums or things of that nature that I should check out?
Also anything in the Mt. Vernon area as I will be there next week.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Also clubs that might have close-up performers! Thank you.
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I haven't much to offer, I have not been in Vancouver for a while. Off the top of my head, this might be worth browsing about for xmas / holiday gifts and the like:

https://granvilleisland.com/

Oh, it has a small magic store, so that is a plus. It also has an Artisan Sake Maker, and a brew pub or two.

If you like Indian food, look up the restos by Vij. I've never been, but at least some are very highly rated:

https://vijs.ca/

I noticed recently that a number of cities are starting / have started Illusion Museums. Vancouver is no different:

https://www.opticalillusionmuseum.com/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1274 Posts

Profile of imgic
I was in Portland last year...I didn’t have time to go seek magic, get I’d seen some websites about them. Here what I found on updated search

All American magic theater
http://www.magicpdx.com/
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Thanks for the responses. I went to both magic shops and a place called The Peculiarium which was awesome.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
All American Magic is a high recommended. All the best stuff about a brick n' mortar store but oddly in a mall kiosk. Tucked between the Christmas toys and joy buzzers are rare volumes by Lorayne, Vernon, Kaufman, and more. Jeff McBride and Amazing Johnathan are regular guests. He even has a theater hidden elsewhere in the mall. We spoke at length and he pulled some misdirection on me that I didn't realize until later.
Fantastic experience.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
The rest of my birthday week was spent in Seattle and I visited the Death Museum, as well as Bruce and Brandon Lee's graves, Market Magic, and Ye Olde Curiosity Shop.
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16357 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Neat little shop.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Portland/Vancouver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL