The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultra Lucky Coin by Erik Tate (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Nice routine and prop. Requires a “move”,
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11238

PS without the prop see dropsy diddle by Jason Dean
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Yep and write up in CC1 — this gimmick chip looks good.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
Hey everyone, Erik Tait here!

Thanks for all the support and positive comments this has been getting. I’m really happy to get this product out there. I’ve been sharing this on the DL with a bunch of workers and they are loving it. I hope you all have as much fun with it as I have.

Yes it does require a move, but this routine gives you tons of cover for the move and I often send my students into the field with this routine so they can develop self confidence in doing the move under Fire. The kicker ending where the chip transforms pushes it that much further and really kills spectators dead. The women in the trailer freaking out are real reactions from a charity event I did.

Also, right now if you buy this effect in one of the packages there is a coupon for a free one hour skype session with me. If you win we can spend an hour learning whatever you want. I’ll even teach you some of the moves I used to get on Penn & Teller: Fool Us, or to win the 2018 IBM Gold Cups Close Up Competition if you like. Look in the little paper inside the packaging to see if you win the skype session.

Reach out if you have any questions.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Looks very cool, too bad it’s only in English :/ « Your card » won’t work in France
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
The your card could be easily modified with very little effort to work in French. The bonus ideas section talks about how to modify the gimmick so it will do other things. Plus a clever kitten like yourself could have a great secondary market altering Ultra Lucky Coins for sale in France!
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2018, magicmind wrote:

Doesn't everything require a "move"
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Too bad it's not a mag coin too.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
John, the chips we used as the base are ferrous. So if you wanted to vanish it or holdout with a magnet you could.

PM for beard tips.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2018, ULockJustice wrote:
John, the chips we used as the base are ferrous. So if you wanted to vanish it or holdout with a magnet you could.

would have been nice to be able to do a which hand.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
Oh, I see where you are going.

I’m out with family right now so I don’t have my Sixth Sense 3.0 on me but I will test one of my stock when I get home to see if you could do a which hand with it.

PM for beard tips.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2018, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2018, ULockJustice wrote:

would have been nice to be able to do a which hand.

Not sure about that John, as in that instance, wouldn’t it scream prop?
samdan
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of samdan
How difficult would the move be to learn for a beginner?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Very easy very well covered
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Please check the original by qroberto Giobbi, it uses a regular coin and no magic prop.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Roberto giobbi
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2018, magicmind wrote:

Doesn't everything require a "move"

Sorry for not clarifying for you John. Requires the exact same move. Very close routines...same move. Gimmicks for $29.95 or a 6pack of PBR comes with 6 props.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
789 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
$29.95? It's now $39.95 at Penguin and they're almost out of stock.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2018, CardGuyMike wrote:
$29.95? It's now $39.95 at Penguin and they're almost out of stock.

I thought the price went up! I was sure when I first saw it that it was $29 and then it got bumped up to $40....Might of checked it out at $30 but they're getting goofy with the prices anymore.
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
The routine is interesting but I am slightly confused about where the innovation is compared to the Giobbi routine. It seems like exactly the same apart the chip's second revelation.
The original routine already has the built-in misdirection for the card reveal so what is the use of a dual prediction with the chip? Just some additional kicker?
I'd be curious to know how laymen would compare the impact of both routines.
I would like to love this because I already love the original routine but for 40$, this seems quite pricey but maybe I am not getting it...

Is this all about the chip?
Can someone comment on what we really get for the price? Is this a s**** gimmick disguised as a chip?
Are we left dirty when changing the revelation from the "your card" to the card prediction?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I’m not sure about the extra impact myself. I did purchase, I think when it was 30 dollars. There are 2 chips. One has a card reveal printed in fine print around the Your Card words. This allows for an extra moment of magic after “your card” but before showing their selection. Does it make it better or dilute, I’m not sure. The other chip has a s### I should not reveal to allow the change.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultra Lucky Coin by Erik Tate (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL