The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New venture from L&L Publishing (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
456 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
As most of you know, L&L Publishing has a vast library of video instruction by some of magic's most influential performers, including Eugene Burger, Michael Ammar, Tommy Wonder, Johnny Thompson, Alex Elmsley, Max Maven, and the list goes on and on.

Magic Academy.tv is going to be the new way that L&L's timeless material will be presented to current and future generations of magicians in search of the very best in magic instruction. It's a streaming model and for a very modest monthly fee, users will have access, eventually, to every video L&L Publishing ever produced.

The entire library is not up yet but scores of videos are being added weekly. You can check out this "project in progress" here.

Thanks for taking a look!
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I tried to see the payment options but can't get past the login screen. Selecting sign up only flags the blank email and password fields.

Do I have to put in my email address and password prior to seeing the payment options? That is a little suspect is so.

Otherwise I've been hoping for something of this sort for a long time. Sort of like an 'IMagic' instead of ITunes.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I'm seeing a $9.95 introductory month subscription. After the introductory month, what is the costs? Is it buy a month at a time subscription or is it a yearly subscription paid monthly?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

I believe if we 'sign up' now we will be locked in for the lower rate but have the option to opt out anytime.

It's worth $9.95 just to support the concept. I just want to know if I can use Paypal before I provide an email/password.
Tim Snyder
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
70 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:
I believe if we 'sign up' now we will be locked in for the lower rate but have the option to opt out anytime.

It's worth $9.95 just to support the concept. I just want to know if I can use Paypal before I provide an email/password.

Yes. After you enter the information. Paypal is an option for payment.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

OK I'll sign up, but they may wish to add the pay options prior to asking for email address. Otherwise it appears they're collecting email addresses if you choose not to join.

Once again, I think this is a great idea.
MagicAcademy
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of MagicAcademy
Thanks for the feedback. We will make things a little more clear on the purchase process. If you subscribe at this current price you will be locked in for the future until you cancel. As a subscriber you will be charged monthly. We do not have a yearly subscription plan yet. PayPal and bank card are acceptable methods of payment. Your email and password are required to subscribe. Hope that helps, let me know if you have other questions. Also you can contact support@magicacademy.tv.

Regards,
Andy
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Signed up. So far I'm liking what I'm seeing. Easy interface to navigate. Glad to get in at the ground floor.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of tomd
Ive signed up. Noticed a couple of videos cant be viewed due to its privacy settings..

Edit: I cant view any of Max Mavens videos!
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 27, 2018, tomd wrote:
Ive signed up. Noticed a couple of videos cant be viewed due to its privacy settings..

Edit: I cant view any of Max Mavens videos!

That's odd... that is all I have watched so far. When I went to Mentalism not all of his videos were listed so I chose the magicians tab and played from there.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of tomd
Ive gone through as much of the collection as I could, and Id say 90% of them cant be watched. They say ¨SORRY: Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here¨.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Are you outside of the USA? Germany maybe? I know they have restrictions on video streaming sometimes.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2320 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I’m signed up. The material is worth it.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5583 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
In the field of magic learning this is a good new concept. Looks like a new era in magic learning has begun.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I like the idea....even though I already own just about everything of interest to me in the catalog. Will L&L be producing any NEW content? In their heyday, they were the king...especially with the 3 and 4 disc sets. I'll give it a few more months to see what else is uploaded and to see if there will be any new content other than the old DVDs.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
Sunny Idaho
1543 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Don’t hold your breath they haven’t filmed anything new for like ten years.
Shoreline99
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Shoreline99
As far as I know, I think these services was the third. This will become mainstream in the future.
feelyplee
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of feelyplee
Hi guys I'm new here,

Which is a better deal , as I see there 2 sites offering almost the same material, both from L&L I assume

http://www.worldsgreatestmagic.com/collections
https://www.magicacademy.tv/

Hence I'm not quite sure which to sub.
mantel
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2019, feelyplee wrote:
Hi guys I'm new here,

Which is a better deal , as I see there 2 sites offering almost the same material, both from L&L I assume

http://www.worldsgreatestmagic.com/collections
https://www.magicacademy.tv/

Hence I'm not quite sure which to sub.

Not really www.worldsgreatestmagic.com/collections has Michael Ammar's & John Corneilus' content only
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » New venture from L&L Publishing (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL