The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Does exposure extend to book titles/book reviews? (*not methods*) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of BCE
If I'm doing a movies and magic zine (short for "fanzine" - low-budget, low-circulation, hard copy publication for general audience) - does exposure extend to book titles/book reviews where method isn't actually exposed? I cannot find a definite answer on this.

Currently transcribing an interview for the first issue, and I am likely redacting portions of some of the answers for this very reason.

Example #1: One of Bob Cassidy's books. Definite no-go because a casual reader of the zine would not be privy to it. And because zine would have some laymen audience - no-go on even mentioning his name because of online searching.

Example #2: Royal Road, which is freely available at the public library.

Would mentioning Royal Road (and comparable material) in print constitute exposure?

Any searchable terms or words that would lead a casual reader to method is the same thing as openly exposing the method, and so -

If a searchable term or word *doesn't* lead to method without some effort on the part of who's looking for it...is it still exposure?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4714 Posts

Profile of landmark
I think it may depend on the context of the mention. What is it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Does exposure extend to book titles/book reviews? (*not methods*) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.56 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL