The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Effects in which one four-card packet transposes with another? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of Bob G
This is a follow-up to my recent post about small-packet color changes. Can anyone suggest their favorite effects of the type described in my subject line?

Thanks again,

Bob
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
You mean Reset by Paul Harris?
dj
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of dj
Daniel Garcia - .44:
https://youtu.be/81dh6FQm3qE
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, guys.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26869 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Roy Walton has something along those lines with the Switch in Time and (by inference) Oil and Queens. If you want to work larger there's Fiedler's Royal Fantasy.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Jon. I'm familiar with oil and queens, In fact, I'm looking for a regular transposition (without the surprise ending of O. and Q.) to precede O. and Q. I'll look up Switch in Time.

Bob
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of Bob G
I found Switch in Time on one of Colombini's DVD's (as a download from Lybrary). What a beautiful trick! Nice surprise ending, and the handling is elegant and easy -- or will be once I perfect my EC!
CardGuyMike
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
I absolutely love Woody Aragon's Dorset. 4 aces go in the card box while you keep the 4 queens. The queens turn into double backers and back into queens before transposing with the 4 aces in the box. Begins and ends clean and can be done with signed cards. Caleb Wiles' Reswindled is another great Reset variation.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi CardGuy,

Thanks for these ideas. Coincidentally, another Café member recommended Reswindled, and I just downloaded it. I'll look into Dorset. Can you give me an idea of the difficulty of the sleights in Dorset? My Elmsley Count is coming along nicely, and then I want to learn the Jordan and Hamman Counts. I'm going to wait on palming until I've mastered some of the other stuff!

Bob
CardGuyMike
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Dorset is beginner to intermediate skill level. I'm more of a hobbyist and I have no trouble with it. Several Elmsleys, pinky pulldowns (or bottom card buckles) and an Ascanio spread. I learned it from Woodyland (and I highly recommend anything from Woody) but it's now available as a download as well (http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/11104). Good luck!
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks!
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin
220 Posts

Profile of terrillific
OUT OF THE BLUE fromJohn Guastaferro’s One Degree.
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
Reswindled, by Caleb Wiles
https://youtu.be/UR8aUGWlyqs

Also, there are some other interesting variations of ReSet by Bill Malone (Resetting Reset, On The Loose #4 DVD), Earl Nelson (Variations), and Jim Swain (Metamorphosis, 21st Century Card Magic).
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, terrillific and Douglas.
IncantoMagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of IncantoMagic
69 by dan and dave from the trilogy.
dj
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of dj
Vallarino´s "Les Quatre Rois":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbn333GubHQ

Darko
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Incanto and Darko -- two very pretty tricks! Thank you.

Bob
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of aabc
Also Set Reset Plus in Card College 3, another great version of Paul Harris' original.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, aabc -- oddly enough I was just looking at the version in CC3 yesterday. It looks good.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin
220 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Reswindled by Caleb Wiles. It's another version of Reset that I like better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Effects in which one four-card packet transposes with another? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL