The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » TCC Close Up Bag (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I bought this recently, and I will not be switching ever again. When it comes to cases and tables, I have an almost unhealthy obsession. Once I got this, I knew I would never change up again. It is hands down the best close-up case I've ever had. Looks like it is currently out of stock at most places, but I'm sure it will come back in stock soon. Highly recommended, and the price cannot be beat.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......-up-bag/

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What is the size of the bag, TCC or Vanishing Inc. do not give any sizes of the case.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
So far, this is one of the only things made by TCC that I have not purchased. Everything I have bought has been outstanding quality. Very glad to know this item meets the same standards. The only reason I did not get this is that I already have a couple aluminum cases with the same internal divider system as well as customizable foam inserts although I still have this on my VI wishlist. I think I have the same unhealthy obsession. Smile

I also have a single strap tactical range bag (backpack) that is similar to John Born's "Born's Bag" in the way it fits "Me". Although it is much larger than John's, it wears and slides around for easy access on my body type (Big and Tall). It actually holds way more than I ever carry though. It, like the TCC bag is great for "On the Go" everyday carry or for strolling gigs. Another real nice case I have is an almost 16"x16" (maybe) Nintendo 3DS carry case. one side has elastics sewn in to hold 60 games individually - each of these will hold a coin gaff set or a couple regular coins nicely. The other side of the pack (the two sides zip seperately) has a nice open area for larger items and two zippered mesh pockets that will hold about 4 decks ea. It has a single adjustable shoulder strap like a messenger bag.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
From penguinmagic comments section
"... Internally, from floor to roof, it's 2.5 inches tall, so again, pretty spacious depending on what props you wish to put in it. Now the bag being quite compact (12.5 inches wide and 9 inches deep..."
It is out of stock at Penguin and VI
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I got one a few months ago. I like it, but the dividers are VERY difficult to remain in place. I'm also ticked it's just barely too short to contain my favorite wand. My case always contains several decks, sponge balls, cups and balls, several coin sets and 4 final loads for cups.
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
I just ordered one from Penguin, I think its back in stock there.

It's also on sale Smile
Conjurant
View Profile
New user
Sao Paulo
2 Posts

Profile of Conjurant
I bought one of these . I want to love it but its not very good once we are on the road moving...the divider is too soft
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
The TCC case looks much like a carry case for collectible card games.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I finally picked one up and do like it although it will only be carrying "some items" (not really big enough for a "whole travel kit") I was wondering what others are carrying in theirs as well as how different people are configuring the inserts. I have a large aluminum briefcase with the same type inserts that I carry a lot of stuff in. This would be mostly a supplement case. I knew going into it that wands and certain other props would not fit. I do have a really cheap wand I use that I made out of a very thin dow rod and just painted it black with white tips, it is 12" long and "just" fits corner to corner without impeding the ability to zip it up.

Like Pepka, I am thinking smaller, lighter props for this one but am open to other ideas even seeing pix via email (I never have figured out how to post pix like the one at the beginning of this thread).

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
RMV
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of RMV
Figure the photo would make it easier. The tin can has mesika wax, tarantula and lifesavers.
RMV
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of RMV
Hmmmm, not seeing the photo.
RMV
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of RMV
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Are those coins near the bottom right or magnets?

Smile Smile
RMV
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of RMV
Bottom right is a coin carrier. Holds 8 sets of coins. You are seeing the four on top showing the outline through the case. Got it about 30 years ago, still works great. Been carrying coins and an ellis ring in this case for a long time.

I am really enjoying this close up bag a lot! I have a pistol case that looks like a silver briefcase. Used it a couple times and didn't like it, it was just too bulky.

I would like to make a cover for Rubicon as when I carry the case they slip out now and again. If I make a replica of the bottom part that I pulled out of the box, then I could cover the top. The full box is too tall and doesn't fit in the bag, but the configuration I have is working pretty well. Long as I check up on it from time to time.

Am also thinking about sewing a piece of elastic in the top right of the cover so I can slip on a TCC case that holds a packet trick. I sure have bought a lot of black....am going to look to diversify that as it is sometimes hard to see things in low light. Hate it when black art is working against me...

Love my TT at very bottom right. Holds it tight, but is easy to slip on.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
FYI the TCC Close Up Pad mini http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S27126
Fits inside on top of the dividers with plenty of room to zip it up without stress on zipper. I may not keep anything in the lid zipper pouch that might cause a weird indentation in the pad. The bottom is solid so no problem there. I could put a cheap very small close up pad (like a 7x13) or even a handkerchief or bandana on the TCC Pad surface to protect it from any small item I may put in the lid zipper area like a wand or some linking pins, coins.... I am really glad I took the plunge and got that pad plus the larger one that fits nice in a metal briefcase I also carry close up stuff in. Sound investments for sure.

Smile Smile
BradenCarlisle
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of BradenCarlisle
This is a great product. I use it at my strolling gigs and it does the job very well!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I use one as welll, and I agree it is very good. They are discontinued, but there are some still available. You can get some here (Canadian $$):
https://www.magicstore.ca/product/close-up-bag-by-tcc/
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
A new 'Luxury version' of this seems to be coming soon. 22 May 2020.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/185......9JGCnSSM
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The "Luxury" is only on the outside. it is still the same carrier with the mix and match walls inside. I don't think it will be worth the difference for me because I only use mine to carry to the gig. Generally, no one else sees it. It will find a market though because there are magicians who will work out of it in "semi-plain" view (Like a Penguin Lecture type show).

Smile Smile
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Similar to the TCC, just a little bigger and more compartments on top.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZQ7......F8&psc=1
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » TCC Close Up Bag (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL