The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » L&L Publishing - The NEW "Netflix" of magic? (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1033 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2019, RedDevil wrote:
Anyone know how I can cancel?

Cancel through your PayPal account.
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:
On May 2, 2019, Mac_Stone wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2019, RedDevil wrote:
Anyone know how I can cancel?

Cancel through your PayPal account.

Seriously? Is that true? Sounds more like the Blockbuster Video or Radio Shack of magic than the Netflix of magic if that's true. Let me subscribe and un-subscribe as easily and conveniently as possible. Otherwise...no, thanks.
mantel
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On May 2, 2019, BCE wrote:

Seriously? Is that true? Sounds more like the Blockbuster Video or Radio Shack of magic than the Netflix of magic if that's true. Let me subscribe and un-subscribe as easily and conveniently as possible. Otherwise...no, thanks.

Cancelling with Paypal is Hard?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
150 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I assume there is probably an option under account settings, but I haven't looked.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of BCE
Quote:
On May 2, 2019, mantel wrote:
Quote:

Cancelling with Paypal is Hard?

Hard? No.
Inconvenient? Yes.

And I hate to be inconvenienced.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
150 Posts

Well, there does not seem to be an option to unsubscribe on the site...

However, the easiest way is the PayPal route. If you unsubscribe there all payments will stop immediately.

If you have to go the email route there may be a delay...
mantel
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:

Seriously? Is that true? Sounds more like the Blockbuster Video or Radio Shack of magic than the Netflix of magic if that's true.

To be fair, it was Poof-Daddy's question whether it is "The NEW "Netflix" of magic?" Not in any of magic academy tv's advertising.
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
The site is the beginning of the end for L&L.

Rest in Peace.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
150 Posts

Quote:
On May 22, 2019, Mark Timon wrote:
The site is the beginning of the end for L&L.

Rest in Peace.

How so? People are more likely to pay a monthly fee to have access to videos than buy videos on a regular basis. Little to no overhead, and no shipping cost.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5692 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
They may just have a couple tricks up their sleeves yet. Smile
loserdlj
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of loserdlj
I just hope they will still make DVDs
MagicAcademy
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of MagicAcademy
Thank you for your interest in the MagicAcademy.tv. I wanted to address a couple questions on this thread.

Regarding cancelling, there are two ways to cancel. The easiest way is to send us an email requesting cancellation. The other is to do it yourself by going to your PayPal or Bank Card account and cancelling by yourself. This second way is a little harder. We are working on making the cancellation process smoother in the future. If you use the email method, we try to check daily for cancellations but if we happen to miss it we will refund you if you incur a payment after the date when you requested a cancellation.

Regarding adding new videos: we have been adding about 50 new videos a month. We are gearing up to increase this in the near future. There are now 365 videos uploaded and many new categories. We are planning some cool surprises which we will announce when they are ready, so stay tuned!

As always if you have any questions please email us at support@magicacademy.tv

Thanks
Andy
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of magicman812
I have subscribed to this but I haven’t seen in new videos added in the last couple of months. Am I missing something?
Doric
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Doric
...and what are the cool surprises?
trickyat86
View Profile
Loyal user
Pittsburgh, PA
244 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I signed up for this when it first came out, and I've been rather disappointed with it so far. A lot of what has been uploaded so far doesn't interest me (I'm aware that on me, not the site). But also there's been near zero communication emails from this site of like "hey we've added these videos/effects recently". I'll probably be cancelling soon.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1033 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I was optimistic about this project but it seems to be dead on arrival, would love to see a response from MagicAcademy.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
150 Posts

I've been a member since it started, but have not logged in for a couple of months now...
Doric
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Doric
The project seems limited so far. Would be good to hear about future plans.
Steincat04
View Profile
New user
Texas
4 Posts

Profile of Steincat04
I was a very early subscriber to this service. Note: *was*. I was a huge L&L fan growing up and always enjoyed the magicians, performance/teaching lecture style format, and the quality of material. This was a very intriguing venture when it first got started. After many months of not much progress, I grew frustrated and tried to cancel. I even found that process hard and had to email support multiple times (often a 1+ weeks with no response) in order to cancel. I finally received an apology and cancellation confirmation, but not the best way to launch a customer-centric streaming platform. I'll give it another shot, but not until the self-service options to start/cancel improve, and the catalog is a bit more robust and organized in a more user-friendly way.
trickyat86
View Profile
Loyal user
Pittsburgh, PA
244 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Yeah, I unsubscribed over the weekend. Maybe I'll give it another look down the road.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » L&L Publishing - The NEW "Netflix" of magic? (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL