The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » L&L Publishing - The NEW "Netflix" of magic? (33 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
tomd
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of tomd
Hi Mike,

You are correct, this is a browser issue. It must be something to do with Vimeo as well. My iPad plays all the videos fine on safari, but my laptop only plays 10% of the videos on chrome. The error message suggests its something to do with the settings on the video itself, so hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Tomas
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Good to hear.

This is a new venture and I suspect it will take them a bit of trial and error to work out all of the bugs.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
I'll volunteer to be a beta tester (for a fee of course).
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Is there any way to see what is available before subscribing?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2319 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I’m signed up. Looking forward to the wealth of material.
depeka
View Profile
New user
Germany, Bielefeld
50 Posts

Profile of depeka
At the moment, I don't like it. The Videos are alle splitted in parts. One for performance, one for explanation - looks also a little bit confusing. I think, if I could watch the whole DVD, it would be easier. There is of course good content (but actually not so much, as someone may be expected), but I am not seeing me, paying the next month. It would also be nice, if there would be a list, with things new added.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

I've found if I choose the magician tab and choose the performer and play from there, the video's play in order. They are still segmented but are set up as performance then explanation for each routine. All you have to do is click next video.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13884 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I see good and bad in this from L&L.

I remain open minded.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MagicAcademy
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of MagicAcademy
Thanks for the feedback so far. We are still in the early stages and plan to put a lot more polish to the site. Let us know what you would like to see.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1032 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2018, MagicAcademy wrote:
Thanks for the feedback so far. We are still in the early stages and plan to put a lot more polish to the site. Let us know what you would like to see.

Would like to see more videos added to the site.

At least the Barrie Richardson material, I've really enjoyed those.
Morganjj
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
Digital distribution means that the effective cost of production becomes zero, so it makes sense to see people going for long tail sales through discount pricing, bundling, and all you can eat services. In the past warehousing old stock was an expensive pursuit, so at some point it just make sense to junk old stuff - meaning it retained value. With digital goods, they inevitably trend towards a cost close to zero, given enough time.

That said, subscription services tend to earn a lot of money - hopefully this ends up being a revenue generator for L&L such that it justifies the creation of new content.
Nevets
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Nevets
Quote:

There isn’t much content up currently to justify the monthly subscription. Please add more and quickly. I’d like to see more material from:
Daryl
Michael Ammar
Jay Sankey
Dan Harlan
Darwin Ortiz
The World’s Greatest Magic Series
dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Did Sankey or Ortiz do any L&L dvds?

//Dan
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5691 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2018, dyoung wrote:
Did Sankey or Ortiz do any L&L dvds?

//Dan

Yes, they both did.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2018, Nevets wrote:
Quote:

There isn’t much content up currently to justify the monthly subscription. Please add more and quickly. I’d like to see more material from:
Daryl
Michael Ammar
Jay Sankey
Dan Harlan
Darwin Ortiz
The World’s Greatest Magic Series

Darwin Ortiz is on there already. But yes, the content is very shallow right now, but you are getting a discounted rate for that reason. A few months down the line Id imagine there will be plenty of content and new subscribers will be paying more while us early birds will be still paying the 9.95 fee.

There is still more than enough content to justify the 9.95, 13 magicians featured including Richard Osterlind, Max Maven, and Barrie Richardson. Most of the magicians have multiple routines available as of right now. If nothing is added but next month, then yeah it will slowly become ¨Not worth it¨. But right now, Ive paid 9.95 and ive got my moneys worth.

Edit: Just realised you said ¨More content¨, rather than ¨Content¨. My bad, yes more Darwin Ortiz content would be lovely, and I'm sure its on the way.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13884 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
More I think about it, cheaper $9.95 seems.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 29, 2018, daffydoug wrote:
More I think about it, cheaper $9.95 seems.

Yep! I would expect the price to double once they load all their videos.

Think of it as being a beta-tester with the perk of long term discounted access. Less than the price of a pizza a month.

No brainer for me. Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13884 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I went to the site and didn't see anything on the home page about it. Where is the link?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
148 Posts

I'm speculating.

I'm just excited to see something like this finally arrive. To be fair they don't have any ground breaking videos on there yet ;and most of the videos are based upon known concepts, but some of the nuggets I found got me thinking about doing things a different way. So there is that.

I looked at it this way. I spend the same amount for IMusic (or whatever it is called) each month so that my Niece can listen to music that I hate. So $10 spent a month for myself where I may find a little inspiration isn't too much to feel guilty about. Besides (speculating) I expect it to continue to grow.

Will we see Max Maven's Nothing? Hmmm maybe... maybe not... it was rather pricey when it came out (I bought it) and it has been a few years.

I have the DVD's (core to me) already and may not find too much on the site that I don't already know. But... you never know.

I'm not associated with L&L in anyway. I'm just excited to see this concept being attempted.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13884 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Where is the link?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » L&L Publishing - The NEW "Netflix" of magic? (33 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL