The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » L&L Publishing - The NEW "Netflix" of magic? (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
John7
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of John7
Still on the fence. It sounds great but a bit worried about some of the comments on this thread. Thinking I'll wait for further reviews.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Some new additions to the site.

Still, the content already on the site hasn't been updated.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Here are some of my musings .

I'm tempted to subscribe as several L&L titles have caught my eye. I think the subscription service could be a good deal. The only negative I see is that as an amateur sometimes I may go awhile before accessing the streaming videos -- you know, intense periods of magic study when I have the time, followed by long lulls perhaps. All because life's other matters can take priority. I have had annual subscriptions to music sites and found that other matters have taken away time so in the end I paid for a year but rarely used it. There's only so many hours in a day. Nonetheless the initial discount seems worth it ... but not knowing what is available is also leaving me on the fence at the moment. So then getting a 14.95 download (such as the "World's Greatest Magic" series) from L&L with several effects I want and can access anytime seems to be financially optimal in the short run....

Oh what to do?

my proverbial 2 cents!
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I've only watched about 10 videos since I joined. I have already been billed twice so from a cost effective approach it isn't that good of a deal, but me not watching the video's doesn't really matter (as far as time constraints). I joined to support the concept behind this. I would hate to see this fizzle out.

I have found inspiration in a few videos and have bought some props that will make the trick/routine work better for me and my style. I'll eventually get around to watching all their current library, but feel confident that the content will be updated and improved as time goes by.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Hi Mike,

I have the "money magic" from World's Greatest Magic series on my radar. I already have a couple of effects from that DVD but am keen to get the 2$ Bill Tear (Ammar). Can you tell me if that effect is available on the Magic Stream? I'm still thinking just getting the 14.95 download is best bang for my buck - but I seem to have an insatiable urge to buy new stuff -- so maybe the streaming will be better!

Thanks

Phil
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

I didn't see it and there isn't currently a list of effects.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Thanks Mike.

In the mean time I've done some more searching and found that Michael Ammar also has a video web site, also with a monthly subscription service. (This site has also been posted in the Café') The 2$ bill tear is available as a download. Has anyone used this and if so what do you think? Looks like a similar model as L&L streaming site but with ability to purchase single effects.

http://www.worldsgreatestmagic.com/
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
I have subscribed. I like everything but just wish there was a way to know when they added new content.

Andy
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
A good friend of mine subscribed after I told him about it. He already owns almost the whole L&L WGM library as well as many regular sets but he says it is worth the money to him to have access to it all 24/7 wherever he is without carrying a dvd case and such on business trips. For $10 a month, he is all in.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
I mailed them 14 th february asking how to cancel my subscription after there was no new content since I subscribed. They STILL haven't replied. I cancelled through the Paypal gui.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

They have been adding new content each month. I still haven't watched everything (though that is due to time limitation on my part).
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2019, Mike Gainor wrote:
They have been adding new content each month.

I had a feeling content wasn't added weekly even though the website says it is.

Quote:
MagicAcademy.tv wrote:
There are over 200 videos available now with thousands on the way added weekly.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Given my love for L&L videos I recommended the site to a friend who HATED the setup of the site and incomplete videos. In some cases she said they gave explanations without demos or visa vera. She then tried emailing them to get a refund and cancel the subscription after only one day and got an undeliverable notice. Does anybody know who runs the site? I'd like to pass on the info.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2019, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Does anybody know who runs the site? I'd like to pass on the info.

Try the L & L publishing website email. You can find their email here.

www.llpub.com/contact-ll/
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Thanks. She was contacted by an Andy? Who she was able to request the cancellation with. So all is well Smile
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
A few more additions to the catalog and some minor updates to the website. This project seems to be coming along, although at a very slow crawl.

Happy to see some updates, would love to see more substantial and more frequent updates.
feelyplee
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of feelyplee
Hi guys I'm new here,

Which is a better deal , as I see there 2 sites offering almost the same material, both from L&L I assume

http://www.worldsgreatestmagic.com/collections
https://www.magicacademy.tv/

Hence I'm not quite sure which to sub.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
The first link is Michael Ammar's.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Anyone know how I can cancel?
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2019, RedDevil wrote:
Anyone know how I can cancel?

Did you try emailing support@magicacademy.tv ? Or is it still giving the email undeliverable notice?

Senor Fabuloso's friend had success with contacting the L & L publishing website email. You can find their email here.

www.llpub.com/contact-ll/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » L&L Publishing - The NEW "Netflix" of magic? (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL