The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Infinity Watch V2 (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Why this discussion is here and not downstairs? Method has clearly been exposed and this is a public forum.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Everyone wait for the bi-directional non-prototype in the next 6 months. This current version will be worthless.

IMO, whatsoever may be the claims, it is a bit difficult (if not impossible) to have a reliable and efficient RC controlled bi-directional watch. However if that becomes feasible, it will be good for all.

Recently I purchased this watch from Hocus-Pocus. I purchased the one with a silver case & white dial.

Over the years I have played with numerous such gimmicked watches with different activation mechanism with all the watches working on the same basic principle i.e. the hands rotate and takes about 70 seconds to complete one full rotation.

The Infinity Watch also works on the same basic principle but has a new kind of activation mechanism which is built into the watch casing. Like we all know, its a Wireless (RF) Remote-controlled watch, thus making it a much better and unique prop than the earlier ones we have played with.

The advantage of this watch is that during the performance the performer needn't hold the watch in his hands while the spectator's thought of time is being set. After predicting and adjusting the time, the watch can be placed facing the performer on a simple stand. Thus the performer has no physical contact with the watch. This is one BIG advantage over the good old similar props. However I shall not recommend that the watch be given to the spectator to hold during the performance. For the asking retail price of $150 its a worthy buy.

It would have been so nice if the Infinity Watch had an extra builtin passive activation mechanism (besides the RC) in the form of a simple pressure switch in the strap of the watch to act as a back-up during an inadvertent failure of the RC unit at the crucial moment. Nevertheless for me the Infinity Watch has proved to be quite reliable thus far.

I would like to mention that the Infinity Watch cannot be compared with the high-tech 'T' watch. But it is certainly a nice advancement in technology when compared to similar good old watches.

My thoughts please. Smile

Smile

thanks Ustaad very insteresting
Smile
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:
Why this discussion is here and not downstairs? Method has clearly been exposed and this is a public forum.

Well I don’t own this watch as went for the T watch

But I asked about this as it already has discussion downstairs

Was advised

not all of the members in the topic, including the original post have the required 50 posts to gain access to the forum you referenced.

So that’s the answer
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Everyone wait for the bi-directional non-prototype in the next 6 months. This current version will be worthless.

IMO, whatsoever may be the claims, it is a bit difficult (if not impossible) to have a reliable and efficient RC controlled bi-directional watch. However if that becomes feasible, it will be good for all.

Recently I purchased this watch from Hocus-Pocus. I purchased the one with a silver case & white dial.

Over the years I have played with numerous such gimmicked watches with different activation mechanism with all the watches working on the same basic principle i.e. the hands rotate and takes about 70 seconds to complete one full rotation.

The Infinity Watch also works on the same basic principle but has a new kind of activation mechanism which is built into the watch casing. Like we all know, its a Wireless (RF) Remote-controlled watch, thus making it a much better and unique prop than the earlier ones we have played with.

The advantage of this watch is that during the performance the performer needn't hold the watch in his hands while the spectator's thought of time is being set. After predicting and adjusting the time, the watch can be placed facing the performer on a simple stand. Thus the performer has no physical contact with the watch. This is one BIG advantage over the good old similar props. However I shall not recommend that the watch be given to the spectator to hold during the performance. For the asking retail price of $150 its a worthy buy.

It would have been so nice if the Infinity Watch had an extra builtin passive activation mechanism (besides the RC) in the form of a simple pressure switch in the strap of the watch to act as a back-up during an inadvertent failure of the RC unit at the crucial moment. Nevertheless for me the Infinity Watch has proved to be quite reliable thus far.

I would like to mention that the Infinity Watch cannot be compared with the high-tech 'T' watch. But it is certainly a nice advancement in technology when compared to similar good old watches.

My thoughts please. Smile

Smile

Ustaad,

Thank you for your response. The information was very helpful.

D.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:

While this wasn't my intention, I've contacted Steve about deleting or hiding this thread. That said, I think magic reviews that are available on YouTube have a better chance of being seen by "inquiring minds," but in the end watches were sold based on information given here.
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
Using coupon code "33" at hocuspocus you can get this currently for $100 for those of you on the fence.
paradix88
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of paradix88
Quote:

I’m not sure that matters in this case. There are widely known and available watches where the display is controlled remotely and half my audience are wearing them. Some of their apple/android watches even have analogue-type displays as well, so even the look of this watch does not set it too much apart.
So there’s nothing magical or unexplainable to a layman about a watch where the display has been controlled to a certain time. The actual method doesn’t matter if there’s a common and widely known simple technology available.
Now if you could say something out loud and have that message appear mysteriously on the watch - oh but wait, theirs do that already....
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2019, skoldpadda wrote:
Using coupon code "33" at hocuspocus you can get this currently for $100 for those of you on the fence.

Wow, very nice discount. I see they are currently out of the "Silver Case White Dial," if anyone is looking for that particular style.

Thanks for sharing, skoldapadda!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I tried that code but did not work
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:

It worked yesterday when I tried it.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:

I just tried to use the code on the website, but for some reason the box to enter a coupon code doesn't appear anymore. It was there yesterday, and the code worked. Strange...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Not really all that strange. It means they either sold out completely or sold out of the allotment they intended to sell at a discount.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, videoman wrote:
Not really all that strange. It means they either sold out completely or sold out of the allotment they intended to sell at a discount.

Hey videoman,

I just responded to your post in another thread. Smile

I meant it was strange that the "Enter coupon here" box disappeared. I usually encounter a coupon no longer working, but have never seen a site delete the entire "coupon" box. The watches were still "in stock," so I guess they reached the max number of watches sold at a discount.

D.
Luccky
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Luccky
Downstairs ?
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
He means at the secret sessions Luccky.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, paradix88 wrote:
I’m not sure that matters in this case. There are widely known and available watches where the display is controlled remotely and half my audience are wearing them. Some of their apple/android watches even have analogue-type displays as well, so even the look of this watch does not set it too much apart.
So there’s nothing magical or unexplainable to a layman about a watch where the display has been controlled to a certain time. The actual method doesn’t matter if there’s a common and widely known simple technology available.
Now if you could say something out loud and have that message appear mysteriously on the watch - oh but wait, theirs do that already....

paradix88,

Are you referring to the Apple Watch (AW) or other digital watches? If so, I'm not sure this is an appropriate comparison, as those watches look very high-tech, and the Infinity Watch (IW) is a classic look. While the technology is known and easily available, I'm not sure spectators will suspect it is controlled as the others.

Also (I don't own an AW, so correct me if I'm wrong), if someone else is holding your AW, don't you need to pull out your iPhone in order to change the time? With the IW, the method is done out of sight, so I'm not sure spectators will suspect anything. After the effect is over, they'll try and guess the method, and of course they'll most likely be right. Real magic, as we all know, doesn't exist, so there is really only one logical way the trick can be accomplished.

When it comes down to it, I do believe the "magicalness" of the effect can be argued. Is this magical/entertaining enough? I believe it can be in the right situation and with the right patter.

YOU: "What time did you wake up today?"
SPEC: "7:43."
YOU: "Look at the watch."
SPEC: "Cool."

This presentation wouldn't impress most, if any, people. Weave a tale that gets them emotionally involved, and it will have a stronger impact.

If you weren't talking about AWs, then I'd like to ask for clarification, particularly with your last statement. You can talk at/to the AW and it will display your words?

D.
paradix88
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of paradix88
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2019, paradix88 wrote:

paradix88,

Are you referring to the Apple Watch (AW) or other digital watches? If so, I'm not sure this is an appropriate comparison, as those watches look very high-tech, and the Infinity Watch (IW) is a classic look. While the technology is known and easily available, I'm not sure spectators will suspect it is controlled as the others.

Also (I don't own an AW, so correct me if I'm wrong), if someone else is holding your AW, don't you need to pull out your iPhone in order to change the time? With the IW, the method is done out of sight, so I'm not sure spectators will suspect anything. After the effect is over, they'll try and guess the method, and of course they'll most likely be right. Real magic, as we all know, doesn't exist, so there is really only one logical way the trick can be accomplished.

When it comes down to it, I do believe the "magicalness" of the effect can be argued. Is this magical/entertaining enough? I believe it can be in the right situation and with the right patter.

YOU: "What time did you wake up today?"
SPEC: "7:43."
YOU: "Look at the watch."
SPEC: "Cool."

This presentation wouldn't impress most, if any, people. Weave a tale that gets them emotionally involved, and it will have a stronger impact.

If you weren't talking about AWs, then I'd like to ask for clarification, particularly with your last statement. You can talk at/to the AW and it will display your words?

D.

Hi dmoriaty

I wasn’t meaning to imply that this is not a good magic effect - as you say, that largely depends on the presentation you develop around it.

I was simply noting that discussion of the method here is not really revealing anything which most people would not be able to figure out by themselves.

And yes, voice-recognition text messaging is common technology which I use every day, and modern “smart watches” can display txt messages in real time, so it’s quite feasible that you could program an app to recognise a time being said out loud and display that time on a smart watch. No need for a remote or getting out your phone.

Also, while some smart watches do look “high tech”, others are delibrately designed to look more like classic analogue dials.

But as I said, I wasn’t criticising this product at all.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, paradix88 wrote:

Hi dmoriaty

I wasn’t meaning to imply that this is not a good magic effect - as you say, that largely depends on the presentation you develop around it.

I was simply noting that discussion of the method here is not really revealing anything which most people would not be able to figure out by themselves.

And yes, voice-recognition text messaging is common technology which I use every day, and modern “smart watches” can display txt messages in real time, so it’s quite feasible that you could program an app to recognise a time being said out loud and display that time on a smart watch. No need for a remote or getting out your phone.

Also, while some smart watches do look “high tech”, others are delibrately designed to look more like classic analogue dials.

But as I said, I wasn’t criticising this product at all.

Hi paradix,

I didn't take it as criticism, although I think criticism is fine--I was just looking to better understand your post. Like I said, I don't know much about these smart watches, and haven't seen any classic ones, so I'm not sure how "advanced" the IW technology is. I guess I'm in the minority with these fancy smart watches.

It would be interesting to read more audience-tested reviews, but I imagine there are plenty "downstairs." Almost there!

D.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
What about the different remote controls ... ?
Has anyone experienced the usability of both versions ?
As far as I know, there are at least two different versions
The first one is larger and the following one is a smaller one
If I buy this "V2 Watch" and it contains the first remote version,
can I get remote version two delivered free of charge afterwards ?
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Your last question is best posed to the manufacturer. They added a comment to this thread, so send them a PM or contact them directly. I'm assuming you have their contact info if you own V1.

D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Infinity Watch V2 (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL