The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Is magic just a lie? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26990 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Says you to a stranger:
Would you like to go see a movie?
Would you like to see a play?
Would you like to watch me paint a picture?
Would you like to see a magic trick?
however, using magic while you are talking with someone might get you a different response.

Quote:
On Dec 31, 2018, Dougini wrote:
My sister said the same thing. ...She cannot stand show-offs. Yet she is a fun person! She told me to leave my magic at home...

magic tricks don't need to look like you're showing off.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Magical Moments
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
When I do carry a few effects in my pocket or in a small carry case, I first size up the situation before I attempt to perform a magic trick or two for someone.

If I do not feel comfortable or do not get the correct vibes so to speak, I just do not bother.

Of course, on the occasions I do not take any tricks along with me, someone always asks me to do a trick. So...I have a few I can usually do with things within my reach. Household items so to speak.

I always say that I am willing to perform some magic for anyone willing to watch and mean that literally!
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
I think it depends on how you define what magic is...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26990 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2018, kardistic wrote:
...I was talking with a stranger the other day and wanted to show him a magic trick, but he just said "no" to me, because magic is just lies.
The good part is you asked. The line about caring how much you know applies here.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Is magic just a lie? (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL