The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chinese Linking Rings 12 inch Vincenzo Difatta (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Are these 12 inch chrome rings by Vincenzo Difattaany good? I have a set by Royal 12" that look like the day I took them out of the box (36 years ago). You can see the welds, they are thin and weigh a ton. It actually hurts to do a finger spin! Some people have suggested hollow, others chrome, others locking. Can anyone help? Most threads here are over 2 years old and the links are dead.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, they are very nice for the price. I cannot suggest what you will like. It is your choice if you like chrome or stainless steel. One is shiny and the other is not as shiny. Hollow rings are lighter, but if you bend them they may kink, depending on how strong you are. The quality has is still the same as 2 years ago. These are made in India, but with quality control in the manufacture.

I will advise that a lot has to do with your height and arm spread. As showing linked rings can impede your ability to display them. Four rings linked will spread 4 feet in length. Displaying eight rings linked will be 8 feet long. That may be tough for some to handle.

As of yet, I have not seen a locking ring that is easy to do during a presentation, and to my knowledge no one on the Café has commented on any locking ring. So we are still at a disadvantage as to any advantages a locking device would have. I have only tried two, and I did not have the finger strength to activate them.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Thanks Bill,
You really are a gentleman and a scholar!

By any chance do you or anyone else here know how the Vincenzo Diffaattany 12” inch chrome compare to the weight of the Royal 12” that I have?

Thanks,

John
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I suggest you contact Wolfgang mullet the owner of Trick Supply. He is very cooperative, and should help with your questions. I believe the they are much thicker and heavier then Royal Linking Rings.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Thanks Bill
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Anyotknow anything about the Terry Mosek set?
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I will be posting more on this later, but I am currently in Japan and was visiting with Ton Onosaka at his MagicLand shop.
There, I saw a wonderful 12” locking key ring in highly polished steel. At Magicland they also sell individual rings, chains of two or thee and open key rings as well.
You needn't purchase a traditional set of eight. You can buy them ala carte!

The locking key sells for 6700 yen which is $60.41 ( today’s exchange rate). Any other ring is 4700 yen per ring. So a chain of three is three times 4700 yen.
4700 yen converts to 42.59 USD.

For example: Three rings ( two singles and a locking key is 4700 + 4700 + 6700 = $ 145.89!

These are high quality rings and they have ample supply... no need to wait.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2018, Bill Hegbli wrote:

As of yet, I have not seen a locking ring that is easy to do during a presentation, and to my knowledge no one on the Café has commented on any locking ring. So we are still at a disadvantage as to any advantages a locking device would have. I have only tried two, and I did not have the finger strength to activate them.

A few years back I bought a used locking set (so I don't know the manufacturer). It is NOT easy to un-lock the key (sounds like double talk). I would NOT recommend them for a typical linking ring routine. (for the record, I bought them for a very specific purpose - I needed to display the key openly, even while suspended on a rope while I was nowhere neat it).

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Thanks to all. I purchased a few sets because I found some bargains. Everything posted here is true. Magnetic key rings do not work well during performance, but I feel my new routine is conving enough, so I do not need it.

As a public service, if your rings seem heavy, work with them for a few weeks and you will get used to them.

Also, L & L’s world greatest magic, linking rings download is a bargain @ $10!

Special thanks to Bill Hegbi. His advice is invaluable!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Chinese Linking Rings 12 inch Vincenzo Difatta (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL