The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy memories (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrei Duduc
View Profile
New user
Romania
21 Posts

Profile of Andrei Duduc
I loved Bob, I didn't know him personally, he answered me on the Café a few times, which was amazing for me, could anyone please share some stories about him performing or something? I would love to hear some, thank you.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1244 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Listen to Bob Cassidy himself tell stories for an hour on this great Magic Newswire podcast by Dodd Vickers:

http://podbay.fm/show/277451149/e/1355368684
Andrei Duduc
View Profile
New user
Romania
21 Posts

Profile of Andrei Duduc
Thanks so much, means allot Smile
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
Thanks to you for this thread.
Here you can find an awesome interview with the Master, talking about parapsychology, spiritualism, and other interesting stuff.

http://www.stuartpalm.com/podcast/e7-bob......and-more

Best
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10243 Posts

Profile of saysold1
He loved mentalism - he loved Rum - he loved teaching.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Saysold1 cant wait to see you at the S A M meetings next time I can make it.. Gotta see what you got going on these days....
Andrei Duduc
View Profile
New user
Romania
21 Posts

Profile of Andrei Duduc
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, ValeCavaliero wrote:
Here you can find an awesome interview with the Master, talking about parapsychology, spiritualism, and other interesting stuff.

Best

Thanks, I love to hear him talk about mentalism and learning from him, after so many years I still go back to his books, and find new gems or info.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2046 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I fondly recall a nice letter he sent me when I was last in Afghanistan (2010.)

I didn't know him well, and he didn't have to take the time to write that...but it was greatly appreciated.

Bryn
"The Safwan Papers" eBook: $30
Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook is also now available ($30)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

SPECIAL: "LOGAR" & "SAFWAN PAPERS" Combo Deal: $50

Also available at: www.mentalismcenter.com

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
17402 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Me and Bob would sometimes email back and forth over silly stuff.. What we were drinking or smoking, reading etc... Sometimes he'd tell me stories about other mentalists... Even people on the Café who name dropped him but he'd often say"yeah I don't know who the hell that is!"

Don't take that as me and him were close friends, we weren't, but used to have the occasional fun chat...

I liked those moments the best over the advice I'd get on things I used to send him...

Ford Kross stories were always fun...
DEVIL MAY CARE IS BACK!
http://tinyurl.com/y6n42gs2
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I knew him enough to visit with him a number of times at MINDventions.

He had many friends. Long term, Rum was not one of them.

George
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3727 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I met Bob when I first came to the Café. He was one of the first to respond to a newbie question I'd posed. He patiently answered my question.

A little later when I got excited about mentalism, he exchanged dozens of emails with me to point me to resources he thought were important for my development as a performer.

I was at MV one year and I heard this growling voice behind me: "So YOU'RE David Thiel. Let's get a drink." That afternoon...and evening was a life changer. I learned SO much from him that night and throughout the years that followed.

I nearly threw up when I realized that Bob Cassidy was talking to ME...but that afternoon sparked a relationship that started off as mentor/student and finally bloomed into a friendship.

Bob had a love for booze, pot...and mentalism. He was the most genuinely brilliant mind I've ever met. He could disappear for months at a time and then pop up again. Sometimes he was in trouble, sometimes he was just fine. He could be angry or gracious. I know that a fellow mentalist designed a tarot deck with famous performers in the roles of the tarot cards. That he chose Bob for The Hanged Man shows he knew him well.

When he was in the hospital near the end, we had a number of conversations and he always came back, somehow, to mentalism and how much he cared that it be done by people who care about it. I talked with him on the day before he passed and he was very weak...but he was still a man in love with mentalism.

He was one of my "Most Unforgettable People." I miss talking to him.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1244 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Here's another half hour chat with Bob, this time eating burgers with Scott Wells.

It's the first segment after the intro, starting at 1:26:

https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/scot......tle-2014
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1546 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
I remember chatting with him on his forum about 4DT. I had mentioned to him about a subtle move that I thought he had made on purpose during the routine. He told me that he hadn't even realised that he had done it, in fact it was a mistake, but he was going to include it from then on. I was happy to know that I had indirectly influenced him to change up his signature routine.

I learned a lot from him.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
441 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
The only time I ever met him was at a Mindvention years ago in Las Vegas, and was fortunate enough to have several conversations with him. I enjoyed a few drinks with him each night down in the Pub after the days' sessions. A small gathering of people would be there and he'd just share stories and answer questions. I loved the fact that he just seemed to carry himself as "one of the guys." None of this "gather around while I impart my wisdom" pretentious BS. He made me feel like I was a close friend, even though we had only just met. I wish I had made a point to have met him earlier in life and spent more time with him.
Curtis Waltermire

Mentalist/Actor/Grandpa/Cool Dad & Above-Average Husband

CurtisTheMentalist.com

Follow Me on Instagram

My YouTube Channel

Facebook Page

My public show "The Mastermind Show"
Andrei Duduc
View Profile
New user
Romania
21 Posts

Profile of Andrei Duduc
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2019, David Thiel wrote:
I met Bob when I first came to the Café. He was one of the first to respond to a newbie question I'd posed. He patiently answered my question.

A little later when I got excited about mentalism, he exchanged dozens of emails with me to point me to resources he thought were important for my development as a performer.

I was at MV one year and I heard this growling voice behind me: "So YOU'RE David Thiel. Let's get a drink." That afternoon...and evening was a life changer. I learned SO much from him that night and throughout the years that followed.

I nearly threw up when I realized that Bob Cassidy was talking to ME...but that afternoon sparked a relationship that started off as mentor/student and finally bloomed into a friendship.

Bob had a love for booze, pot...and mentalism. He was the most genuinely brilliant mind I've ever met. He could disappear for months at a time and then pop up again. Sometimes he was in trouble, sometimes he was just fine. He could be angry or gracious. I know that a fellow mentalist designed a tarot deck with famous performers in the roles of the tarot cards. That he chose Bob for The Hanged Man shows he knew him well.

When he was in the hospital near the end, we had a number of conversations and he always came back, somehow, to mentalism and how much he cared that it be done by people who care about it. I talked with him on the day before he passed and he was very weak...but he was still a man in love with mentalism.

He was one of my "Most Unforgettable People." I miss talking to him.

David

Sounds amazing David, just like I'd picture Bob would be, he answered me too long time ago, I'm sad I haven't spent time with him, I really loved his thinking and work, I still go back to some of his stuff when I need to.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
I came across his Mental Miracles DVD while I was in the U.K and just starting out. I ordered his e-books, and got to meet him at the magic castle on 2012-13. A signed billet and blindfold that he was selling were given to me. I was flumixed at his cabaret show, I knew the routine with the 4D telepethy, knew where the billet switch was "supposed" to come, but even with my "eagle eyes" peeled, missed that switch. As I should have.

He was generous with his time with me that night. I have to say that his materials were/are the foundation of my love for mentalism.

He was "clean" with the effects. The "props" were stuff that a $20.00 bill could by at Office Depot/Staples.

His talent was one-of-a-kind.

I miss him.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Special user
909 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, ValeCavaliero wrote:

Best

Smile
Belief Manifests Reality.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014859756312
Palm Star Zodiac Divination System: https://palmstarzodiac.blogspot.com/
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11281 Posts

Profile of John C
The time we spent at mv will be remembered. This is the benefit of attending these events.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy memories (18 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL