The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Selling magic documentary on yoytube..! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
It's been kinda quiet here since Don Driver passed away and Mark Lewis has been banned here so I thought I make a bit of noise.. I had plenty of spare time to watch magic videos on YouTube lately and found this.. here's a link to a YouTube video on selling magic which shows magic shops from Al Flosso and others plus Mark Lewis performing part of his famous Svengali routine at the end of the video..

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/zRlAuTp2RRo
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Forgot to mention that that YouTube channel has hundreds and hundreds of your favorite full TV shows from the past from Magics Greatest to Doug Henning to David Copperfield and many full documentaries to watch for a lifetime as there are so many... and most are in English too..!
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
I think I'll go back to watching my favorite magic TV shows for now.. LOL!
Phil Ainsworth
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Phil Ainsworth
Looks like its just you and me left here, Frosty!

I'm going to watch that video now.

Out of interest, are you still selling Worms? If so, is the going rate still $6 each, 2 for $10?

I don't think I can get that for them here in the UK... I'm thinking £3 (about $4) each, 2 for £5 (about $6.70), 5 for £10 ( about $13)

Bear in mind I can get them for £0.25 each (about 33c) so I'm still getting a good margin at that rate.

Has the Worm died a little since all the guys on here were doing so well with it about 6 or 7 years back?
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Yep! For now it's just you and I here.. LOL! Happy to see all your posts.. Hopefully others will soon join!
Frosty
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
245 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Hey Phyl, I sold worms only for a bit cuz I once ran out of my kickers at a fair.. I quickly found out I'm terrible at working them worms.. But even though they sold pretty good and they work great as kickers too..! I think just like you on prices. I sold them for $4 each or 3 for $10 bucks but also threw them in as a kicker when they purchased a Svengali deck at 10 bucks.. since I paid only about 30 cents it worked great for me..

I'm not currently selling them now but I'm always carrying them just in case..
Phil Ainsworth
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Phil Ainsworth
I hope others will join in too!

So do you just sell Svens with 2CM as kickers then? Nothing else?

I am just re-stocking the worm after running without it for a while.

My Sven Deal is the deck, a 2CM, a fortune telling fish and pack of rattlesnake eggs - all for £10. They used to get a plastic wand as well, but I've not bothered to replace those after they ran out. I'll do the same with the rattlesnake eggs when they run out too (they were a bad idea). I'll probably keep using the fish as extra kickers because they are so cheap, light and take no space at all... and they always put a smile on people's faces because it reminds them of getting them in their christmas crackers. Also, if its a family with a little kiddy who's too small for a sven deck, I say "I'll throw in a free fish for the little one because they're too small for the cards" and the parents seem to respond well to that sentiment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Selling magic documentary on yoytube..! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL