The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ A Lousa by Alejandro Muniz (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1989 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,
Today we have a very exciting announcement for an item that is called A Lousa.
It comes from Alejandro Muniz and Bazar De Magia.
This is an excellent solo prediction system that uses no forces and the gimmick does everything for you.
I know the workings of this and I am very happy with the method, the effect and the price.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=63097

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Am interested in seeing more info on this. Guess it will be awhile before we see real customer reviews?
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Multiple outs it would seem on viewing this. Or something is misleading in the trailer. Olly
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Most trailers are misleading nowadays.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
922 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
If this works how I think it does, Iím wondering what the justification would be for placing the written card on the board. It would seem unnatural to take their selection and place it on the board while the board is turned around. I may be totally off on method, but thatís what Iím thinking..
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
This would then be like the old slate method if the two have to touch? Olly
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1319 Posts

Profile of rmendez
This commanded my attention and looks like it will make an excellent addition to our platform show!
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
You could easily make this effect for next to nothing. I'm shocked anyone wants to pay folding money for something like this. Just buy a chalk board if it's so important to you.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3969 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2019, TheDirectionalist wrote:
If this works how I think it does, Iím wondering what the justification would be for placing the written card on the board. It would seem unnatural to take their selection and place it on the board while the board is turned around. I may be totally off on method, but thatís what Iím thinking..

... if you are clever, you don't have "it" on/behind the selected "card"... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
No you just have them all on the back of each other ie if it was 12345 you would have say 5 on the back of 1 , 4 on the back of 2 etc etc. This means the selection doesnít touch the board but itís mate does. Thatís what I would of thought anyway, otherwise it would be very lame and obvious. Olly
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2019, Oil&Water wrote:
No you just have them all on the back of each other ie if it was 12345 you would have say 5 on the back of 1 , 4 on the back of 2 etc etc. This means the selection doesnít touch the board but itís mate does. Thatís what I would of thought anyway, otherwise it would be very lame and obvious. Olly

The worst part is there are even cleaner ways than that.
mistervader
View Profile
New user
Manila
23 Posts

Profile of mistervader
Looking forward to this. The slate looks really nicely made, and I'm just glad it's a one-man method.
- Kel Fabie
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The only question I have mainly is whether *slates* would fit into my stage set?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2238 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I got this today. It's even better than I'd anticipated. This effect appears to be very well-thought-out, but super easy to perform. quality built, solid slate. Comes with gimmicks, cards, link to online instructions and 2 sticks of chalk. There is one simple move in performance but it will pretty much fly by any spec. I was concerned about such a possible move, but with a little practice, I really do feel nobody will notice.
The video training is available in Spanish or English overdubbed Spanish, and the production quality is first rate. Training is almost an hour and Muniz provides several different routine ideas, including spirit writing and Spirit slate effects, ESP routine, etc.
Also provided are tips on the slates use, and some good detailed instructions for optionally modifying the gimmicks to make them nearly completely invisible, as they are already nearly invisible, if that makes sense. I appreciated those instructions, as when I opened the box, I was thinking, uh-oh, spectators will maybe see this gimmick. But those previously mentioned modifications you can make to the gimmick make a HUGE difference, and I recommend you do them if you buy this.
Related to that, Muniz also did mention future availability of refill gimmicks, since once you've modified them, you cannot go back and "unmodify". Or if you want different themed sets for kid show, mentalism show, etc.
Bottom line, I really like this, fairly priced, I will definitely use this.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Whats the reset like? Would it be possible to reset openly on stage so you could perform a second prediction?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2238 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Reset is super easy but openly resetting it may be difficult. You would need it out of view for a few seconds.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Also to note, you get supplies for one routine. So think carefully what you'll have your spectator's chose from CITIES, ANIMALS, CELEBRITIES etc before you make the gimmicks.
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
How to get more supplies for other routines? Also how many "outs" are there?
Ian Veillette
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Ian Veillette
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, BrainMagos wrote:

They have said that extra gimmicks will be made available for sale in the future.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1065 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, Ian Veillette wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, BrainMagos wrote:

They have said that extra gimmicks will be made available for sale in the future.

There is no limitation of the " OUT ". It depends on how many gimmick you have. If you need more " OUT " than you might need to buy extra gimmick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ A Lousa by Alejandro Muniz (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL