The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » An idea? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4604 Posts

Profile of landmark
I would guess that someone thought about it before, but I'll throw it out there anyway-- has anyone put out a close-up pad with a rake towards the audience (Either all padding, or a little wedge "stage" for the pad.)
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
943 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
So the pad leans towards the spectators?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4604 Posts

Profile of landmark
Sorry, if I got it backwards there. The edge of the pad closest to the performer is, say, two inches higher than the edge closest to the spec. Better visibility of flat objects for the audience.
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
943 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I’ve never seen one made that way, but at one time I toyed with it some to ‘lap’ coins onto the table (a larger closeup mat under it to keep from noise) since I was standing.
I believe I have seen some that were angled towards the audience for larger groups in a formal setting not walk around. But not specifically made with the extra padding as you mentioned.
dendrake
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of dendrake
You could spray carpet-adhesive on the back of the mat and stick it on a board cut to your desired shape. then tilt the board to your optimum angle.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21303 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
A wedge edge or stop, would certainly get in the way of advanced steals, and coins through the table. It all depends on the effects you intend to present, and the move you use.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4604 Posts

Profile of landmark
Yes, that's a very good point, Bill. You'd have to consider what effects you performed or find a way to adapt. But it might be worth it to increase visibility in certain circumstances.

Here's my experiment with a simple version:

https://jackshalom.net/2019/01/22/a-hole......d-space/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » An idea? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL