The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Ultra Smoke 2000 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
thegreatgeorgio
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of thegreatgeorgio
Ive heard that once a cartridge is fitted, it corrodes in time. If this is true, how long will it last before it has to be changed? A month?

thanks

George
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Between the exorbitant expense and the toxicity, I can't see how it's worth it. If it's not a necessary item to achieve amazement, why bother?

Prior to reading this thread, I had pondered using it for added impact with Sean Field's elemental and glacius effects... the smoke as the water turns to ice would create some major moments of astonishment. Ah well, here's to hoping the water-to-ice is enough.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
This seems cool but not for me
Shonconry
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Shonconry
The worst thing I've ever purchased. messed up my cuffs and yes it corroded. you have to take good care (dis-connecting/re-connecting etc).
munch1215
View Profile
New user
California
77 Posts

Profile of munch1215
Ellusionist is the only place I know that sells it cheap. I also do not think it is worth buying. Since it can be dngerous to health and all.
Look deep within yourself for inspiration
ConjuringCoach
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
17 Posts

Profile of ConjuringCoach
One thing I would add is that you make sure that the effect of a wisp of smoke is preceded by magic, not just the climax of a trick. This is a special effect that your general audience will immediately associate with wizardry. Think outside of the 'crushing the coin' box and try to incorporate some mystical atmosphere. The effect of the smoke will ride that wave all the way to shore.
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
~Mark Twain
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
I LITERALY threw it away! smells foul! hurts your lungs! EXTREMELY corrosive, NOT a close up thingie (due to the NON NEGOTIABLE fact that is is DANGEROUS! and I am not talking "if you spend 20 years of life smoking" or "stand in front of the microwave for 10 gazillion years" kinda dangerous)

it does give blisters, it does ruin metals, it is corrosive!

be EXTREMELY EXTREMELY careful if you decide to go on and buy/use it.

and George, once it's plugged, u've got 20 days or a MONTH MAX (if you are lucky) before it deemed unusable (plus you will need something else OTHER than the refill)

EXTREMELY TOXIC, EXTREMELY unrecommended (in MY opinion)
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Thanks for the warning guys- I will steer away from it, save over a hundred dollars, and lose my dream of the most impossible magical coin vanish...
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Gee golly (can't curse here!), I surprised Pkg feels that way since we like so many of the same things.

I love mine but he's right it does stink. If I am practicing with it a lot In my practice room I have to place a box fan in the room and open a window.

Every prop has ups and downs, and I've seen the faces of people when I use this, to me that's worth the hassles (and the stink!)

Steven
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Usually I wouldn't chime in on a thread like this but:

I know a magician that agents won't work with because he smelled bad performing. It wasn't him--it was the smoke that he did over and over that got him that reputation.
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I only use it once or twice in an entire performance, and other than that I usually smell fine (sniff sniff) Just checking yes I'm okay today.

I think you'd have to really puff the hell out of that thing to make yourself seem like a stinker, once or twice in a whole performance would be fine...

Steven
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Quote:
On 2005-12-21 09:33, haywire wrote:
Gee golly (can't curse here!), I surprised Pkg feels that way since we like so many of the same things.

I love mine but he's right it does stink. If I am practicing with it a lot In my practice room I have to place a box fan in the room and open a window.

Every prop has ups and downs, and I've seen the faces of people when I use this, to me that's worth the hassles (and the stink!)

Steven

LOL I do agree Steven, and let me point out one thing guys, I "highly" unrecommend it for "health" reasons, and stink reasons (if it smelled like phosphorus that would've been nice...you know....the devil...the phosphorus smell...). the effect DOES look awesome, it gets awesome reactions...and now that I have Subterfuge between my hands, I am reconsidering buying one again or something that can deliver the same effect but in a more healthy way...so if you guys really think it's worth the hassle (shooting a pilot soon, so it is worth the "risk" now) get it....if health issues really concern you, don't get it....

Effect : 9/10
Setup : 8/10 (well, I was kinda skinny when I got it, and there is a certain something that made me look kinda funny...)
Ease of use : 9/10
overall: 7/10 (Health risk factors)

just to be fair!

No really!!
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Pkg,

I totally agree. I'm going to be making some magic videos for promo soon so to me its totally worth it. I wish someone would invent a talcum powder aireator or something to use harmless substances to acheive the same effect...

Steven
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
I tried the talcum powder, didn't work...looked like I was powdering a baby's toosh LOL need some really good engineering head to help out...

No really!!
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
THANKS! actually WAY cheaper! (REFILLS TOO!!!)

No really!!
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I have ultra smoke- at first I tried the normal hook up- unless you have absolutely 100% spectator management then you will get away with it.

If you do this for a friend or somebody clos to you its hard to hide the gimmick.

but then I had a stroke of genius.. a new hook up that so clean that I can perform ultra smoke in a short sleeved T-SHIRT!!!

now finally my huge investment is paying off.
Nill
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Nill
I bought my one and when I went throu the set up I just decide to draw it and after a year I went to look for it and both of the refill were bursted I just throw them away and ended up never knowing the felling of a great coin vanish. Sad story
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
I know this is going to be polically incorrect, but the best smoked I ever used was from a cigarette. I would produce the cigarette, light it with my FLameThrower, use the smoke for other effects the make the cigarette vanish.

This advice comes from someone who doesn't even smoke!
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
I've seen it used for metal bending routines...
SMU Class of 2010
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Ultra Smoke 2000 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL