The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » A card vanish that I have been working for the past months (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
504 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Https://youtu.be/XPlrm8gynBk
It is from Carneycopia. Thank you John Carney ❤️
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1023 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Looking good. I’d recommend briefly keeping your thumb extended after the apparent pick-up. This enhances the retention-of-vision and focuses the vanish.

I believe Vernon gets credit for this face-up version of the Tent Vanish? Or maybe this is one of those disputed Finley credits? I can’t recall.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
504 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Thanks Rupert ! Vernon uses it in a very smart way in Slow Motion Aces but I think is Finley’s. John Carney has some very interesting ideas on it.
shaunluttin
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of shaunluttin
Well done.

Here is a 29-minute live performance of mine: https://youtu.be/lq2Rj1uf05M

I used to be quite sensitive to criticism; I am much less so now; so, please do criticize my technique, presentation, and posts. It helps me to grow, and I promise to take responsibility and not to be defensive.

Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
850 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
The was clean, clean!
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
Very nice!

I agree with Rupert, it kind of looks like your right hand is pushing something down.

Keeping your left thumb extended and perhaps turning a drop to the left would definitely enhance the vanish.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
788 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
The still palming hand is a very nice touch. Try to avoid the pushing down movement appearance and you will have a very good vanish !
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
850 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
It looks perfect to me.. 🙂
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
504 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Thanks guys for the advice! I agree
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
Not bad but keep working on it
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
504 Posts

Profile of Vogler
This is an updated version
https://youtu.be/zhF79H9iMu4
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26827 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What drives the action of your right hand moving to the tabletop and then back to the pack?
Can (should?) you block the action so you start with the card on the table and move your left hand to the left to add it to the face of the pack? Then proceed with the pickup and magical effect.
Just a thought,
JonT
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
504 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Tthe right hand gives the deck to the left hand to show the top card . this is a clip for magicians only. Maybe you missed that in the beggining of the clip my hands are empty, because I don't show them in the clip.This is a move in ´transition´.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1023 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2019, Vogler wrote:
Tthe right hand gives the deck to the left hand to show the top card . this is a clip for magicians only. Maybe you missed that in the beggining of the clip my hands are empty, because I don't show them in the clip.This is a move in ´transition´.

I believe what Jon is suggesting is motivation for your hand to fall flat to the table -- something that doesn't really exist in your current handling.

Granted, you're just showing off the move. But it's a good suggestion nonetheless.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26827 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The setup and and replacement sleights look smooth. All well and good there.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
850 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I see what everyone is saying now. I never even noticed it. 😀. Im kinda lay-person card guy and that's ok. hahaa! 👍😂
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
Can I also recommend that considering that your right hand is "taking" the card, I don't think your left hand should move so soon after the card is taken.

I would suggest leaving your left hand frozen for a moment (with the thumb up) before moving it, similar to the mechanics of the french drop.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
504 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Yes the left hand should be frozen. thanks ymumagic
shaunluttin
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of shaunluttin
Vogler, I worked on something similar for a while. It's in the following video twice:

* from about 1:30 to about 1:45
* from about 3:30 to about 3:45

The Café gave me a lot of feedback, which improved the vanish a great deal.

Here is a 29-minute live performance of mine: https://youtu.be/lq2Rj1uf05M

I used to be quite sensitive to criticism; I am much less so now; so, please do criticize my technique, presentation, and posts. It helps me to grow, and I promise to take responsibility and not to be defensive.

ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2019, Vogler wrote:
Yes the left hand should be frozen. thanks ymumagic

You're quite welcome Smile

I love the french drop and actually once spent a few months teaching it to someone.

This is quite similar and I'm happy to contribute whatever I can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » A card vanish that I have been working for the past months (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL