The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Penguin Lectures revisted (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2019, Robb wrote:
I think many are missing the value of the new “Live Act” approach. If the performer is great and the material is good to great, then it’s a decidedly better format. Why? Because it demonstrates much of what is often overlooked in these lectures: the importance of show structure, scripting, transitions, routine variety and length, etc. If you perform for a living, you can never learn enough about these topics whereas if you are primarily a hobbyist you will want just more tricks. That’s fine too.

100% agree with this. I'm not sure if I prefer this new "Live Act" format though... as the older format gave the performer more freedom (because he wouldn't be tied to a structure) and that usually translate into more material. That being said, I was particularly impressed with some of the material in the new format.

Regardles of the format... Banachek, Marc Paul and Jan Forster lectures were absolutely phenomenal. I can't really take my top 5... but those 3 will have to be in it.

Max
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Wayne Houchin, Banachek, Oz Pearlaman, Richard Osterlind
Aaron Vlack
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Aaron Vlack
Top 10: Max Maven, John Riggs, Looch, Kennedy, Pablo Amira, Luca Volpe, Marc Salem, Richard Osterlind, Bob Cassidy and Paul Voodini.
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
For me it is Looch, Marc Paul and Richard Osterlind
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Penguin Lectures revisted (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL