The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Paul Gordon's Books for strolling work? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi! does anyone who owns Paul Gordon's books such as Gold Dust, Quidnunc or Article able to give a quick feedback if the routines in it are suitable for strolling work? I got his penguin lecture and it seems his routines are quite suitable for strolling.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
I've got a bunch of his books, his best strolling card tricks are Diminishing? Not Likely, Amazing 4 Card Trick & Tipsy Aces.

He also has Twister, The Worlds Best Card Trick and his handlings of Ambitious Card/Daley Aces
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2019, Chamberlain wrote:
I've got a bunch of his books, his best strolling card tricks are Diminishing? Not Likely, Amazing 4 Card Trick & Tipsy Aces.

He also has Twister, The Worlds Best Card Trick and his handlings of Ambitious Card/Daley Aces

Thanks Chamberlain! I’m still considering which book to go for. Either Gold dust or Article 52
jaschris
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of jaschris
I do not have Gold Dust or Quidnunc. But I do have his Card Startlers DVD. I do two tricks from it. One is a self worker titled the Eight of Diamonds trick, but it is not suitable for strolling. I perform Diminishing? Not Likely a lot. It is perfect for strolling since it is all in the hands. It is a strong trick which gets good reactions. I agree with Chamberlain that Twister is also a good trick and is suitable for strolling. Paul Gordon's magic is not technically difficult for the most part and I think he is an entertaining performer (as can be seen on his Card Startlers DVD). Hope I have offered something worthwhile here that might contribute toward your decision.
diablotazzman
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of diablotazzman
I have practically all his books.

I can only say that they are a true chest full of treasures.

Most of the tricks are suitable for an amateur with an average level.

You will find literally hundreds of tricks to do on the table or without it.

His way of explaining is quick and direct.

If I had to pick one, it would be Gold Dust, you really can make a living just off that book.

To put a fault, it abuses a little of the Emlsley Count.

for me 100x100 material recommended
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
I have Gold Dust an really enjoyed reading it. My favorite trick would have to be the Corner of Piccadilly. This is a great version of three card monte. There is a lot of very good material within this book. As mentioned above Paul's writing style is very short and to the point with typically no patter. I hope this helps!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I like Nocturnal Creations and Quidnunc.
Two good card books.
diablotazzman
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of diablotazzman
Quidnunc has some tricks that have a little more technical difficulty
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
I'd second Geoff's recommendation of "Corner of Piccadilly". You can adapt the handling to avoid the need for a tabletop. In fact, Paul has a lot of packet trick work that is suitable for strolling situations. However, some effects are difficult to perform if your participant has both hands full (as often happens at a cocktail party).

I've always found Paul to be friendly and approachable, so I'd contact him directly for some advice.

Marty
Dutchie
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Dutchie
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2021, martyjacobs wrote:
I'd second Geoff's recommendation of "Corner of Piccadilly".

Problem with it mainly is there is no such thing as "4 card monte". So, if you do want to do a monte trick with special cards, there are probably about 6 I'd go for over this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Paul Gordon's Books for strolling work? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL