The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Magic For Dummies book: standard card tricks given alternate names? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karnak
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
417 Posts

Profile of karnak
From reading various old posts here in the Café, I’ve discovered that David Pogue's book “Magic for Dummies” contains some popular card tricks that it refers to by different (altered) names.

For instance, I understand that this book presents “Gemini Twins,” but calls it “Soul Mates.” Likewise, it teaches Daryl’s "Untouched,” but under the name “Dream A Card, Any Card.” But those are the only two that I’ve so far identified.

So, are there any other well-known card (or other) tricks in that book that are also presented under different or non-standard names therein? If so, then I’d be most interested in seeing them listed.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
karnak
View Profile
Elite user
Colorado
417 Posts

Profile of karnak
Likewise, the “Cross Cut” or “Criss Cross” force is also taught in this book, but instead referred to therein as the “Cut Anywhere” force.

Any other examples of “same trick, different name” in Pogue’s Magic for Dummies?
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1573 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Very common.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Magic For Dummies book: standard card tricks given alternate names? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL