The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Have Okito boxes...Looking for Something Else. (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26943 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The coin box is kinda like having a third hand.

Look in Greater Magic. What do you think of the coin easle?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
PHX, AZ
267 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
Shameless plug: I have the Chazpro set of coin cups for sale over in the for sale section. https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=76
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21950 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is the Johnson Products list of boxes and the Plug, they have sold for years. Great props and great magic.

https://www.johnsonmagicproducts.com/sho......e9a00eb8

Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
J Burke Whittaker
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of J Burke Whittaker
I wanted to toss in my two cents on the justification for the box some have mentioned earlier on hope no one minds too much:

I have used my Okito box stuff for as long as I can remember and I do not think I will ever drop it. There are so many things that can be done with it. I have found that if you never bring up the subject of what the box is no one else will either. One subtlety I use when I perform is to hand the box to a spectator to hold while you show them the coins which were inside. I drop the lid into their hand, then dump the coins into my hand, then drop the bottom along with the lid.

The reason for this is to allow the person to feel the parts separately and to see what they are. They will inevitably fool around with the pieces and at the very least put them back together.

This queues the rest that if it were "tricky" that I would never just drop into a persons hand and never it give it a thought. This registers on a subconscious level for the audience. This is solely based on how the brain perceives the world and determines if something is suspicious. If a burglar walks up to an empty house and walks in no one ever thinks "hey is he supposed to be there..." but if he walks up and messes around with the door and looks to see if anyone is looking it draws suspicion.

Same exact thing just with less larceny; by dropping it and looking away no thinks it is odd; paw at it, toss it around, and make it the center of attention and now they want to know more about it. If you have too many people asking what it is it might be you are making them suspicious about it from the off.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Have Okito boxes...Looking for Something Else. (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL