The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Ladies, how did you get into magic? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
792 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Please tell us how you got into magic. Let's talk about how women became magicians.

When I was 10, I saw Mark Wilson on TV. I was gobsmacked. All I wanted to do was learn magic. Eventually, I made a homemade zombie, and did a "show" for my parents. They said to give my zombie to my brother, because "magic is for boys, not girls." And so my magic career was ended.

As an adult, I was brought on stage by Teller (he spoke!) be to a volunteer for a trick. I was astounded by the trick. They let me know how it worked, and I was immediately hooked again. There was no one to stop me this time.

Since then, I've had the opportunity to know both Mark Wilson and Teller. I've told Teller that story, and he said it made him "proud" (he was probably just being nice). And Mark Wilson and his wife Nani Darnell and son Greg Wilson have become dear friends, and for a few years I worked with Mark teaching magic classes at the Magic Castle. It's funny how life comes 'round in circles.

What about you? What's your story?
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Ladies, how did you get into magic? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL