The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New magifest 2019 releases (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
If they're lucky, they'll get snowed in with Tamariz.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1143 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
The Tamariz book arrived at the Penguin booth shortly after noon and sold out by 3:00. Selling for $150. The Maestro was autographing copies in the hallways. It is a Hermetic/Penguin release.

Polish Poker at Card Shark was pretty good as was the new Travelers Mind Power Deck by Card Shark. It is a great add-on to their Mind Power Deck.

Other new release I really liked was Coercion by Paul Richards. But of course, with all of Paul's material, you have to find him at a convention as he does not sell his effects publicly.
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
So much for all the bad weather so far its been rain
neocatalyst
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of neocatalyst
Vanishing Inc also has a reprint of the EG Brown book with unpublished additions.
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2019, Michael Dustman wrote:
The Tamariz book arrived at the Penguin booth shortly after noon and sold out by 3:00. Selling for $150. The Maestro was autographing copies in the hallways. It is a Hermetic/Penguin release.

Polish Poker at Card Shark was pretty good as was the new Travelers Mind Power Deck by Card Shark. It is a great add-on to their Mind Power Deck.

Other new release I really liked was Coercion by Paul Richards. But of course, with all of Paul's material, you have to find him at a convention as he does not sell his effects publicly.

Is there anywhere I can find a description/see a performance of Polish Poker or Travelers Mind Power Deck? Also, just for clarification, Travelers MPD is something that can be added to an MPD you already own?
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1143 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Not currently listed on Card Shark site. Probably will be loaded after Blackpool. They sell the package with a MPD for $60 or you can buy just the add-on for $35.

Description of the MPD Traveler is you pull out two Queens. You show that you simply have two red back Queens and lay them on the table. You spread the deck and ask them to look at and remember any card. Once you have them name their card, you pick up the Queens and spread them showing their card is now sandwiched in between the two Queens. Then with a snap of the fingers you throw them down on the table and reveal just two playing cards. Gimmicks allow for any of the possible MPD outs. Christian showed the gimmick and working and it is really clever.
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2019, Michael Dustman wrote:
Not currently listed on Card Shark site. Probably will be loaded after Blackpool. They sell the package with a MPD for $60 or you can buy just the add-on for $35.

Description of the MPD Traveler is you pull out two Queens. You show that you simply have two red back Queens and lay them on the table. You spread the deck and ask them to look at and remember any card. Once you have them name their card, you pick up the Queens and spread them showing their card is now sandwiched in between the two Queens. Then with a snap of the fingers you throw them down on the table and reveal just two playing cards. Gimmicks allow for any of the possible MPD outs. Christian showed the gimmick and working and it is really clever.

That sounds very cool and a great use of the MPD. I have an extra Phoenix MPD lying around which I haven't used so it's good to hear of something that might make me get use out of it. Looking forward to this and the other new releases.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3591 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Card Shark stuff is always great but this year’s new stuff was all too gimmicky for me. Super creative, but a lot of concepts in play. They did have a nice new card warp kicker. Like Wonder Bill where the bill turns inside out while spectator is holding a flap in the bill. This version uses a signed card. Spectator hold flap torn in the card. Card turns inside out even though spectator is still holding the flap. However, the flap is now reversed and can be given away in an impossible confition. A little convoluted but a cool giveaway
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
234 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
Card Shark stuff is always great but this year’s new stuff was all too gimmicky for me. Super creative, but a lot of concepts in play. They did have a nice new card warp kicker. Like Wonder Bill where the bill turns inside out while spectator is holding a flap in the bill. This version uses a signed card. Spectator hold flap torn in the card. Card turns inside out even though spectator is still holding the flap. However, the flap is now reversed and can be given away in an impossible confition. A little convoluted but a cool giveaway

Sounds intriguing. I’m a fan of card-warp style effects, can you remember the name of it?
I might ask a friend to pick one up for me at Blackpool. Thanks
snape
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of snape
On the off chance that someone following this thread spoke to Eric Mead about the Tim Conover book. Any chance it might get published in 2019?
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2019, emyers99 wrote:

Isn't their stuff usually pretty gimmicky?
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
307 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
Magi-Fest was a blast. Keith gives us a dealer’s room tour.
https://youtu.be/0qW38_4AD3A
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Who was the surprise guest at the final show?
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
If anyone wants to see Polish Poker and/or Travelers MPD by Card Shark then it is featured in Chris Ramsay's most recent video (as well as various other things at the Magi-Fest dealer's room).
tenchu
View Profile
Special user
Europe
898 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, Psyfl wrote:
If anyone wants to see Polish Poker and/or Travelers MPD by Card Shark then it is featured in Chris Ramsay's most recent video (as well as various other things at the Magi-Fest dealer's room).

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/ZhzB4k5kNrs

The video starts with MPD Travelers and Polish Poker is around 9:09.

Mike
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
Do prices for effects at these fests/conventions tend to be same as buying online or are they generally discounted?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2192 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Eric Mead told me the book will be out in 2020, and he is going to go to multiple conventions to promote it.

Gala Show

MC Eric Mead

Miguel Munoz (FISM WINNER)
Harrison Greenbaum
Yann Frisch(FISM WINNER)
Guy Hollingworth Stage Act(Reminded me of Fred Kaps)

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7401 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, tenchu wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, Psyfl wrote:

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/ZhzB4k5kNrs

The video starts with MPD Travelers and Polish Poker is around 9:09.

Mike

Thanks for the link.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
We had some other new releases that you can see here:

www.card-shark.de/newreleases

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1433 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, Card-Shark wrote:
We had some other new releases that you can see here:

www.card-shark.de/newreleases

Some good looking effects there.
Will any be available to order before / during Blackpool?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New magifest 2019 releases (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL