The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New magifest 2019 releases (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7395 Posts

Profile of pegasus
ID360 is a clever idea. Very clean too.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I expect to release them right after Blackpool. Want to refine the packaging on those.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1008 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
After my Live Show and lecture at Magi-Fest on Friday morning, I pre-sold my book for the first time.

It's coming in May, but it was awesome to get such a great response from the Magi-Fest attendees.

Although I sold enough to fully fund the book, I'll be launching a kickstarter soon with different bonuses leading up to the launch.

PM me your email address if you'd like me to send you info when the kickstarter goes live.
At that point, you'll get a description of the book, video, etc.

Make your show FUNNIER with Rindercella & Tim's announcements cd

Preshow Announcements Sample & INSTANT DOWNLOAD

Rindercella Story

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
TimothyMa
View Profile
New user
HongKong
41 Posts

Profile of TimothyMa
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, pegasus wrote:
ID360 is a clever idea. Very clean too.

I guess that the handling of the ID360 is not as free as ultimate brainwave.
Need to be really careful while spreading the deck.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Nope, the handling is pretty free. You just need to know what you CAN do and what you CAN't do with the deck.

Chinese Proverb
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
6 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
I really enjoyed Tim's show and lecture at Magi-Fest. I believe 2008 was the last time he was there. Ever since the new format with a kids show, with kids brought in from outside, I've been hoping Tim would get that spot. I ordered the book, and eagerly await its arrival. Tim's audience management and message in the show are fantastic.

The most memorable part of the show for me was his ring to gumball machine routine. He had a great story, or play, using a couple kids from the audience and a teacher.He borrowed the ring, vanished it, had a lot of fun dialog with the kids playing an important part, and then the gumball machine made an appearance after being hidden from site the entire time. Just brilliant. It really took away the sting that I've seen in this routine sometimes: "I made your ring disappear, I'm a jerk, now look how clever I am that I managed to get your ring into a gumball machine". Tim's routine is much different, and it should inspire those who saw it to use similar presentation techniques for the tricks they do.

All that to say, I look forward to reading his book.
Ron Spangler
ULockJustice
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
173 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
Not really new, but an updated and revised version of both sets of my lecture notes "A Lecture Brought To You By Comedy" and "A Paper Menagarie" were released after my performance on The Saturday Session. One new trick was added to each along with essays on performance theory, and they were updated with brand new photos taken by the immensely talented Brandon Wolf who also did the cover art and the layout. They both sold out, and Ultra Lucky Coin almost sold out. Soooo sort of new.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1008 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, Rspangl wrote:
I really enjoyed Tim's show and lecture at Magi-Fest. I believe 2008 was the last time he was there. Ever since the new format with a kids show, with kids brought in from outside, I've been hoping Tim would get that spot. I ordered the book, and eagerly await its arrival. Tim's audience management and message in the show are fantastic.

The most memorable part of the show for me was his ring to gumball machine routine. He had a great story, or play, using a couple kids from the audience and a teacher.He borrowed the ring, vanished it, had a lot of fun dialog with the kids playing an important part, and then the gumball machine made an appearance after being hidden from site the entire time. Just brilliant. It really took away the sting that I've seen in this routine sometimes: "I made your ring disappear, I'm a jerk, now look how clever I am that I managed to get your ring into a gumball machine". Tim's routine is much different, and it should inspire those who saw it to use similar presentation techniques for the tricks they do.

All that to say, I look forward to reading his book.

Thanks Ron!

Yes, that gumball machine stared at me and haunted me until we came up with the routine.

I love performing it, as it never fails to get laughs from the entire audience, and everyone on stage leaves a hero!

I'm glad you're excited about the book!

Rindercella Story

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3315 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thoroughly enjoyed Magi Fest (first one) and spent too much in the Dealers room Smile. Tim was amazing and watching those kids file out totally silent after the show was very cool... show was so well structured.

Eric Tait (ULockJustice) was a very nice surprise. I did not know much about Eric prior to seeing him at Magi Fest. He is the past IBM Gold Cups winner and performed his eye popping "Invisible Monte" on the big stage. Had the pleasant opportunity of spending some time with Erik at the bar chatting and he is a very articulate and smart magic thinker along with being an excellent card technician and very funny. I think we will be hearing a lot from Erik.

Also picked up ID 360 as I am an invisible deck fanatic and it is a very interesting option.

John
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1008 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed Magi Fest (first one) and spent too much in the Dealers room Smile. Tim was amazing and watching those kids file out totally silent after the show was very cool... show was so well structured

Thanks John! Whether it's audience of kids, adults or families, I think that having a connection with them is so much more important than whatever tricks or routines we are doing.

Yes, I want my magic to be strong, but who cares if the audience doesn't? Thanks for noticing how the kids responded to the show!

I'm also an Erik Tait fan... his Ultra Lucky Coin was one of my Magi-Fest purchases and I'm very pleased! He's a great guy to talk to as well.

So glad you enjoyed your first Magi-Fest!

Rindercella Story

JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
882 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
How much was ID360? I literally was working on this exact thing on my own, so this saves me a considerable amount of time
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
One thing that bother me with ID360, since you have the full pack face up, you will at some point spread with the named card face up, no? I don’t know if it’s clear, it’s hard to explain but is there any risk of flashing the named card face up before finding it face down ?
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7395 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:
One thing that bother me with ID360, since you have the full pack face up, you will at some point spread with the named card face up, no? I don’t know if it’s clear, it’s hard to explain but is there any risk of flashing the named card face up before finding it face down ?

Good point Alex.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
The cards are separated in odd and even cards, like with a normal ID. Every “match” is 26 cards away.

Just make sure that you will open the deck within the first 26 cards, so if you have the odd cards showing in the first half and you want to reveal an even card, you are safe. If you want to reveal an odd card, you either cut the deck and bring the even faces to the top or you spread through the deck face down, using the markings of the backs.

Chinese Proverb
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2019, Card-Shark wrote:
The cards are separated in odd and even cards, like with a normal ID. Every “match” is 26 cards away.

Just make sure that you will open the deck within the first 26 cards, so if you have the odd cards showing in the first half and you want to reveal an even card, you are safe. If you want to reveal an odd card, you either cut the deck and bring the even faces to the top or you spread through the deck face down, using the markings of the backs.

Clear enough for me, thanks a lot Smile

What will be the retail price ?
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1143 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed Magi Fest (first one) and spent too much in the Dealers room Smile. Tim was amazing and watching those kids file out totally silent after the show was very cool... show was so well structured.

Eric Tait (ULockJustice) was a very nice surprise. I did not know much about Eric prior to seeing him at Magi Fest. He is the past IBM Gold Cups winner and performed his eye popping "Invisible Monte" on the big stage. Had the pleasant opportunity of spending some time with Erik at the bar chatting and he is a very articulate and smart magic thinker along with being an excellent card technician and very funny. I think we will be hearing a lot from Erik.

Also picked up ID 360 as I am an invisible deck fanatic and it is a very interesting option.

John

Totally agree about Eric. Have had a chance to see him perform live and in person a few times over the last couple of months in Columbus and he has some SERIOUS chops. And a great way of thinking about his magic. I wasn't there on Saturday and didn't realize he was selling his lecture notes, but definitely going to pick up a set. Well worth studying anything he has to offer.
dj
View Profile
Special user
789 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2019, Michael Dustman wrote:

Other new release I really liked was Coercion by Paul Richards. But of course, with all of Paul's material, you have to find him at a convention as he does not sell his effects publicly.

Coercion:
https://youtu.be/3SjrMJx9oIc
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1886 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
How does Magi Fest compare to magic live, blackpool etc. I have never been to any magic convention ever. Is this a good convention for noobs? LOL Am I going to see anyone famous just walking around besides the speakers? THANKS
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
How does Magi Fest compare to magic live, blackpool etc. I have never been to any magic convention ever. Is this a good convention for noobs? LOL Am I going to see anyone famous just walking around besides the speakers? THANKS

I have not been to MagiFest since Joshua and Andi became hosts. It was a great convention when I went. If it is anything like it was in the past, not only is it a great place for noobs, but a great place for experienced persons too. It is my opinion, if you go, you will probably enjoy the experience, make new friends and perhaps catch up with some other friends you haven’t seen.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, South Carolina
911 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
It’s one of the best values for the money...GREAT convention! It was my first, and I drive 8+ hours every year to attend.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New magifest 2019 releases (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL