The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..15..18..21..24..27..28~29~30 [Next]
TommyTheTremendous
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of TommyTheTremendous
Tricks I ALWAYS have on me (since they fit and do not bother me):

1. Some half-dollars
2. A regular deck of cards
3. Quadriflex (in my wallet)
4. 2-Card Monte (in my wallet)

Once in awhile I will carry around my gigantic Half-dollar (which costs me $2) and it is the same year as one of my regular ones. It is about 1cm smaller than palm so I can just barely fit it into my hand. It's great to do just for laughs.
- Tommy Magic
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Two decks of bikes , coins and a TT, when I used to smoke I always had cigarettes on me, but now that I don't smoke I borrow from strangers to make disappear and reappear. Just on th spot stuff.
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
shahriar2403
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of shahriar2403
I prefer to carry a deck of card, some coin, my folding coin, and two rubber band. that's all for my little show!!!!!!!!!
Everythin in this world should be explanable!
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Rubberbands... Easy to carry. Full examinable and extremely pratical... Loops are great too.
Scotch and soda , Pyro Perception...
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
funstuff
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of funstuff
Rubberbands on my wrist to perform handcuffs, joining and climbing ring.
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
Rubber bands for a 4 phase routine that leaves them stunned or for a fun puzzle you can not beat the Wonderbill.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
A TT, deck of cards, coins, loops, sponge balls (on occasion), oddball (uses grandma necklace principle but I have everything examined and set it up right in front of their eyes without anyone being the wiser), Kolossal Killer.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
BrianJ
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of BrianJ
A TT and a deck of cards.
Sorry not that exciting - seems like a lot of us concur!

-
Brian
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
3-D Cash plus other bill tricks in my wallet
Ghost Crystal
Haunted Key
A pack of Bikes
My Business Cards which I use for a card trick

I always keep some extra things in the car

Mr Mike
slangers
View Profile
New user
Denmark
86 Posts

Profile of slangers
Im a beginner so actually I don't carry anything. but I aint either getting asked to show a trick just like that. a normal deck off cards, that's all I need. and mostly I make tricks at parties where there are cards.
Wizardwannabe
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Wizardwannabe
Nothing you can take out of your pocket is as natural and innocent as a coin. For the impromptu demo that proves you can perform miracles take a quarter out of your pocket (better yet borrow one), do a retention vanish, use the Kaps subtlety to show both hands empty, turn hands palm down with coin classic palmed, load it back into the hand from which it "vanished" make it re-appear, and hand it back to your new friend. You have just demonstrated that you are a magician and not some guy who "knows a trick".
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
David Acer's 'Spare Change'. You'll never leave home without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Scottjb197
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Scottjb197
I normaly have my bikes with me but if not there is always something at hand,coins,pens,napkins etc.
Wolfgang1us
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang1us
In my pants:
- TT loaded with silk
- Spongeballs
- Some Coins
If I wear a jacket:
- Mirage Deck
- Brainwave Deck
- Regular Deck
- double face and double back card
- Pen through dollar
Sedition
View Profile
New user
London
12 Posts

Profile of Sedition
Gotta be cigarette through coin and coin in bottle for easy fit in the pocket usage
magicandrew
View Profile
New user
Australia
58 Posts

Profile of magicandrew
The basics:
A deck of cards for all kinds of card tricks.
A pen for doing any prediction trick
and a coin.
""Magic is your art handle it well""
Wolfgang1us
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang1us
Can't belive that there a no TT's in Australia and London...
miky
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of miky
Living in Canada, I carry a toonie shell and a TT.

I am surprised that so many carry a deck (or decks!) of cards for impromptu magic. Maybe I hang out with a strange crowd, but most people I know would think it pretty weird if someone "just happened" to have a deck of cards in their pocket ("And what do you carry in your other pocket? A chess set?").

That said, I have started carrying four stranger cards with me -- two each of bridge and poker size: one somewhat worn and dirty, the other fairly clean and new. Tricks using duplicate cards are only puzzling when done with your deck, but they become miracles when done with a borrowed deck.
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
Quote:
On 2004-05-10 00:54, Jordini wrote:
What do you have on you when you are just going out and about to say...the bank, or the grocery store, and you're not expecting to do magic tricks?

I try to keep a deck of cards on me, but sometimes it gets left behind. But I always have a pack of cigarettes on me for magic.
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
195 Posts

Profile of Ilan
I always have my wallet on me, so I keep coins in there for tricks. I got 2 1/2 dollars, 2 English pennies and a funny east African coin with a hole through the middle. With these 5 coins and "magic hands" you can do so much! I also always have a T.T with a blank piece of paper for note change. Besides all this I usually carry a loop on me as well.
I feel this is more than enough to do plenty magic and takes up very little room. What more is it looks as if you not prepared. The T.T and loop are utility gimmicks and no-one know you got them.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..15..18..21..24..27..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL