The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I never leave my house without a stack of roughly 20 Business Cards, a Deck of Cards, with the JS Corner Shorted and the Joker with no writing with a Breather in It. I also carry my Butterfly Impression Device, and Stealth Assassin Wallet V1.1 I want to get more loops so I can always have them handy.

God Bless, Ed
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
I'm still new, only been studying magic for about 7 or 8 months, but I find that a simple retention vanish will blow most people away. Seriously, if you have a coin you're set.
Digitalyosh
View Profile
New user
Southern California
76 Posts

Profile of Digitalyosh
I dropped my card carrying and decided to just carry around my Exact Change gimmick. What's great about it is the trick itself is amazing to perform, but you also have other coins with it that you can perform other tricks with on the spot and off the cuff.
Current things to work on: Everything loops, Pinky count, Coins coins coins...
yazz
View Profile
New user
UK
49 Posts

Profile of yazz
My wallet, keys and phone are built in with tons of magic - I could entertain with just those for days!
If I have absolutely nothing on me (which is rare) I'll perform hypnosis or borrow objects
Loops are fantastic
Sometimes I carry a pk ring for coins through glass table and prohibition
If I'm at a party, I'll carry balloons
With a pen and paper I can perform a great deal of mentalism

- Yazz
mkarav
View Profile
Regular user
Westwood, NJ
103 Posts

Profile of mkarav
If I am really naked I can fall back on their ring and do some ring moves ala ring leader etc. Other times a TT ALLOWS BILL SWITCH. IF I HAVE COINS OR SHANKEY'S HOLY MOLY I DO THAT WITH GOOD Reception
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
I always carry these because everyone seems to like money and it seems a bit more impromptu or as they tend to say these days "organic"
- Noblezada's Two Dollar Window
- Sometimes instead I'll do the Million Dollar Fantasy (great daydream patter) by Dick Barry
- Noblezada's 5 in 1 Transpo
- Thread Bill by Francis Menotti
- Cornered by Joshua Jay
- Mismade Bill (no TT version)
These 6 fit in my wallet and they take up no room since they all nest together if stacked/layered right
nwanstall
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nwanstall
Just a deck of cards. I can normally just borrow coins too if I need to.
Sackninja
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Sackninja
Rubber bands on my wrist for crazy mans handcuffs, (I have other bands on my worst so they don't look out of place) and I use other peoples coins for my limited range of coin magic. As well as the entirely impromptu cross-out from jay Sankey. I just whisper the prediction to people.

However if I think it would be likely I'd be asked to do a trick I would bring a deck of cards.
kekoa1
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of kekoa1
I always carry a couple "Stargazer" bands and 2 regular rubber bands on my wrist. In my wallet is a 5 and 1 transpo...and the "Lubor" lens. In my pocket is the "Pen" to do the Lubor lens effect, A "TT" with a $20 set up and Gregory Wilson's "Illegal Tender" resting along in the pocket.
Brogan_C
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Brogan_C
A deck of cards, and soon Mesika's Wallet.
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
225 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
My esp%%nage wallet and l%ops , rest up for anything with that I thinks 👍
Zipposrsa
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Zipposrsa
A loaded Assassins wallet = prepared
Lovely piece of kit!
8 days a week !
SleightlyChris
View Profile
Veteran user
Virginia Beach
372 Posts

Profile of SleightlyChris
This is typically what I carry on me from day to day:

A deck and a sharpie
Pro-flite as my key holder
a ring on my finger (to perform JM's Divorce)
Rubber bands 3-4 for CMH and ring on band (I think rubber bands are a standard)

Packs super light. Considering getting the creditcard loops holder.
poolside
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Florida
68 Posts

Profile of poolside
My ring, wallet, some change and a deck of cards are about it. A sharpie when I remember.
"It's a good feeling to know you're alive" - Fred Rogers
ummer21
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ummer21
Self typing shoelaces, gaff card with deck (not mentioning) and for the kids vase pedestal.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1140 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Bill Transpo (Cool Cash)

A few quarters, and the QB3.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I usually don't carry anything, but as soon as I get it down I'm going to start carrying business cards for PSILY by Steve Shufton. This is going to be a great trick to use for impromptu!
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
For Years I have gone nowhere without my TT and "mini-card to business card". I love it when I can do magic at a totally unexpected moment. Thanks for these ideas. I will look into more coin, bill and ring magic since I almost always have these on me too.
Richard
CraigB
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of CraigB
I always carry Ignition (Smith, dollar bill penetration) because it's easy to carry on your keychain (when protected appropriately). Also, I keep a few rubber bands in my wallet. The rubber bands are my go-to since I can perform a multi-phase routine with them and Ignition is a little quick.

If I'm going anywhere I expect to be asked to perform, I'll grab a deck and at least a mini Sharpie and perhaps whatever it is I'm currently trying to polish.
Hudson892
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
103 Posts

Profile of Hudson892
I carry a Kennedy Mind Power deck with 'Steam' attached to the box, a Ring Flight and five half dollars and a shell. Usually I've got a normal deck on me as well but that's about it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL