The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..28~29~30 [Next]
OiNutter
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
83 Posts

Profile of OiNutter
Rubberbands - plenty of them, plain and coloured, gives me a good range of tricks just from them

Deck of cards + sharpie - sometimes set up but usually normal (at least I can practice when waiting outside changing rooms for my fiancee hehe!)

maybe bitten coin, card for Torn, a Greed Bill or a Bill for Twisted and some loose change. Also I use a card to hip wallet as my regular wallet so I can always perform that if I need to!
www.oinutter.co.uk

I could read your mind but I'm afraid of what I'd find
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
138 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
[quote]On 2005-08-26 13:50, miky wrote:
Tricks involving money go over really well in any setting -- especially a bank or store. I make sure I have a few loonies and toonies for Spellbound or Coins Across, and maybe a half dollar-bill for the Berland torn and restored bill. The only other "equipment" I might take is a Magician's Dream (the old one by Fred Bauman).

Hey, I thought I was the only one who still uses the Fred Bauman's Magician's Dream from time to time. Has there been any new and improved versions of this gimmick since this came out, I believe, in the early 80's?
Gary F
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Gary F
Multiplying Rabbits!! Always goes over well with lay people. Keep in mind, they've never seen it!

Another great one -- from Doc Eason's video -- nuts and bolts. Tremendous.

Both of these are easy to carry in your pockets for a moment's notice.

-- Gary
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Well, right now if someone asked me to show a card trick at a moment notice, I'd perform The Sweetest Sound by Scott Cram. It's totally impromtu using a regular deck of cards and of course no set up. However, whenever I do this effect, people are just perplexed as heck. They are completely baffled by how on earth their freely selected card is found using their name. And s/he cuts the deck twice.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
I have three items for your consideration:

First silk vanish with TT
A card trick I got for free with my "first order from Vick Lawton's (sp?) House of 1000 Wonders - Been using it ever since.

oh and I try never to be farther than 25 feet from a Zig Zag Smile

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
philosopher
View Profile
New user
England
8 Posts

Profile of philosopher
I carry a Boris Wild bicycle deck a regular bicycle deck and a couple of coins, and one double sided coin. And a pen.
bluefred
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bluefred
Kolosal killer,sung sign by lee earle and a haunted key not much really.
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
A deck of card with a dup, and I'll probably ask to borrow some coins Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
James Stob
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of James Stob
Rubber bands and a couple of bill tricks. I like the 1 - 5 transposition from Ammar's series and the dollar bill fold where the spectator holds on to the door cut in the middle. The name of the last one escapes me (is it Wonder Dollar?). The tape is here somewhere).
Dusty the magic clown
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Dusty the magic clown
I carry cards or coins or I do a mathmental trick.Another of my favorites quick tricks the one where they have to interlock their hands upside down palm to palm and turn both hands all the way around without letting go.
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
I carry some rubberbands, a deck of bikes, $2 window in my wallet, and if I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt I always have a coin pull on.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
Sean Comer
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Sean Comer
Hopping Halves and/or other coins I can borrow from the requestor.
troller
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of troller
The best for me has been the TT and my gaffed coins or tricky Pens. The TT is the best since it is so amazing to perform and the audience really can't believe their eyes. Even those that know what it is all about seem to get a kick out of at least the audience reaction.

The coins do well for close up work but sometimes, it's a little too long of a routine for passers by. For them, I perform my Pen thru dollar routine, quick to setup and perform. Ever hear of Passin Thru. My latest writing utential I use. For those that think the pen is mightier than the sword should check out Passin Thru. It is a great routine that gets them to stop thinking of the pen.
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Garret Thomas' "RING THING"
Who is Tattoo Joe?
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
Just a deck usually.

I don't like performing to often when people request or demand to see something.
p:m
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
For ir's simple, to leave home without a Deck of my Bikes with a Odd Backer for Red Hott Mama is a sin...lol. So I carry.

1. Deck of Bikes, with a Set-Up for Red Hott Mama when needed.
2. Scotch & Soda.
3. Business Cards, & Pen for Banacek's Close-Up Pic. Duplication. (I must say this isn't a ALWAYS that I carry).
4. I use to carry a Silk with TT I still RARELY do but lots of people are Hip to T.T.'S now.

With the first two, or just a deck of cards you can entertain for a good half an hour if need be. Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
I carry nothing...LOL I perform free will with my business card or I do a impromt torn and restored bill.

tpdmagic
chucklmiller
View Profile
New user
South Carolina, USA
13 Posts

Profile of chucklmiller
Here's what I carry EVERY DAY:

1. a stacked stripper deck.
2. TT with a bill inside (borrow their balled up bill, switch em, and devine the (memorized) serial number.
3. a penetration pen (B-2 Bomber is my personal favorite)
4. Thought Transmitter with my business cards inside
5. Super Sharpie
6. A bent nickel with an "X" drawn on it. Palm it, borrow a nickel (the thickest US coin) draw an X on their nickel, perform the Bobo switch and ditch the coin as you put the Sharpie away, then magically bend their marked nickel.
7. 2 rubber bands on my right wrist (for linking and to secure the Thought Transmitter).
8. Time Machine on my left wrist
9. Cell phone with "Wizard" listed in the phonebook. Have a friend's number listed as the Wizard. Force a card on someone, have THEM dial and ask for the Wizard, who already knows which card they have.

Practically a walking 20 minute mentalism show waiting to happen (all except for #3 of course)!

Feel free to e-mail me for any further tips or explanations...
chucklmiller@aol.com
chucklmiller
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Magic...at a moment's notice!

Recently been getting good reactions impromptu from - Blank paper to $10 bill (TT) & a Invisible deck with person using their cellphone to get card prediction from friend etc-very strong response!!
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I always have:
TT
Color Monte
8 card BW
Hot Rod
and some assorted packet tricks.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do 'you' carry on you for those "show me a trick" moments (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL