The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Liquid vanish (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stevious
View Profile
New user
Poland
80 Posts

Profile of Stevious
Hello
I wonder how does slu** powder interact with liquids other than water?

For instance
- juice
- alcohol-free beer
- tea

I wanted to vanish a whole clear glass of liquid, preferably looking like a beer or wine, so it might be a red juice, but from my small experience I need to add more powder for liquids other than pure water. I don't know about other methods for liquid vanish.

So far I thought that my best option is orange juice, because you cannot see through it like through water or apple juice. So when the liquid is transformed, there is not so much of a difference.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Arkansas (WooPigSooie!)
425 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Just stick with pure water and just color the water to whatever hue you prefer.
Cheapest way to go would to buy cheap Watercolors in tubes and try some combinations.
This will allow you to make the liquid without the sugar and stuff associated with genuine juices and sodas etc.

Blessings
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with only the things that you thank God for today?
Stevious
View Profile
New user
Poland
80 Posts

Profile of Stevious
I've recently discovered that milk mixed with water serves me well, there seems to be no difference at all after the transformation.

Thx for this advice I will try watercolours later, I always wanted to vanish a bad alcohol liquid, I could not find a good reason to vanish a casual milk.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21546 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ask the wife, girlfriend, or grandma, they will direct you to what is called Food Color, purchased at the local grocery store.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1532 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Stevious,
This is copied & pasted from Wikipedia.

Slush powders' ability to absorb water depends on the ionic concentration of the aqueous solution. In deionized and distilled water, an SAP may absorb 300 times its weight (from 30 to 60 times its own volume) and can become up to 99.9% liquid, but when put into a 0.9% saline solution, the absorbency drops to approximately 50 times its weight.[citation needed] The presence of valence cations in the solution impedes the polymer's ability to bond with the water molecule.

There is more info in Wikipedia
Ihor
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
755 Posts

Profile of danaruns
I use it with coffee all the time with no problems.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Liquid vanish (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL