The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The new selfie card trick (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
In fairness, Madison recieved a free pdf from me several years ago, he didn’t like it and was absolutely clear about that in his review. He was and is entitled to his opinion, if he paid for something or not.

Madison is a good guy.

Joel
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
I also vite for Madison
But I didn’t like that he tried to expose the concept.
And why do you want to get a free copy if
you know it’s not good for your style?
I wish him all the best and I hope he will become
a professional mentalist very soon.

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, Lior wrote:
I also vite for Madison
Lior

I think just to give it a review. Just sayin...🙂
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Lior:
Quote:

Madison:
Quote:
but I think it would have been fair to notify buyers that this is a paper balls over the head type routine.

Out of curiosity Lior, is this the "exposure" you are referring? It seems a bit extreme, but I understand if this is a trick where "the effect cannot even be described because the description of the effect would give up the trick in its entirety".
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
The Facebook group is open for all buyers.
People are sharing ideas from their shows.

See you there
Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I like Lior, I like Lior's thinking and I like him a lot as performer Smile Lior, I love you. Madison, you are a good guy, as Joel pointed out. You gained a lot of knowledge in quite short time which I adore. I like you.

Now: Not to upset anybody, but I am not going to buy it. I never buy things many buy and probably many will perform. Lesson learned by Al Baker. I come back to it may be in 5 years time, certainly not earlier Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I didn’t see anything being exposed. He said it’s like balls over the head and you assured people it isn’t. If anything Madison may have added to the mystery of your routine Smile

Anyway! It’s good to see you wish him well. That’s the spirit.

Best wishes,

Joel

(Ps : I’m intrigued with your routine now)
(Pss : any chance of a review copy?)
(Psss : only playing)

Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, Lior wrote:
I also vite for Madison
I wish him all the best and I hope he will become
a professional mentalist very soon.

Lior
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:

(Ps : I’m intrigued with your routine now)
(Pss : any chance of a review copy?)
(Psss : only playing)

Lior
[/quote]
LOL
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, paradix88 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, warren wrote:

I would never purchase anything without being able to at least have a description of what I'm getting it doesn't make sense.... but I wish you well with the effect Smile

There’s actually a ton of information about what you’re getting, on this very thread. Lior himself tells most of it: it’s a presentation involving a deck of cards and a cell phone, it plays to medium/large audiences very well, it’s highly amusing and entertaining, and you can perform it straight after seeing it. And he even tells you how you will get it, via google drive etc
Many purchasers (including me) have confirmed that that is exactly what you’ll get.
It won’t suit everyone’s style but is very adaptable, in my view. Lior clearly says it is humorous and entertaining, so if you’re a very serious straight performer it may not be for you.
Cheers

Ha ha you mean there's a lot of very vague information...that's like me saying I have released a new phone to the market I won't tell you what makes it a good phone but you can make phone calls on it and take pictures with it, humour is a personal thing for example the American sense of humour is very different to the British sense of humour.
As I said earlier I'm one of those that like to know what I'm buying when spending my hard earned cash rather than taking a lucky dip on something that might not suit me or my audiences but I do wish him well with his product and hope that his product works well for you sir.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
I buy effects from people that I trust or I know personally
or I heard great reviews from friends.
I can understand you Warren and it’s OK.
You can start with my Penguin Live Lecture and
see what I share and I invented.

Thanks
Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Just as "the card trick that can't be explained", even more so is this trick. Lior is right about a demo or explanation. This is just one that you have to trust the seller. As I mentioned a few threads up, I've been performing this concept minus the phone since about 1987 when Roger Klause showed this to me. Even used it in a competition years ago. I purchased on the good faith of Lior. After the first 2 minutes, I almost turned it off, glad I didn't. Lior has elevated this effect 1000 fold. If you are dead serious when performing, then this is probably a waste of money. Otherwise, it is almost just plain crazy to say you wasted your money. I have over 30 years with this concept and it is hilarious. Trick wise, I'd give it a C, entertainment wise, A+. There are so many things you can use this for.

To Jan: I know you have comedy based on your lectures. While the phone may not be your forte, the original concept as I do it would probably fit you and your style better.

Best to all,

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, Steven Conner wrote:
Trick wise, I'd give it a C, entertainment wise, A+.

Exactly.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Thought I would thrown my two cents in, honest review.

I have Talk to The Screen from Lior when I bought it back from him when he was first offering it, and its brilliant.

Ever since buying that effect, I have been keeping up with Lior's posts about flying 1st class in 1A, and follow his work.

I heard after the Session convention ended about this new effect The Selfie Card Trick.

I was very happy with Talk to The Screen, and so for $33 I said why not.

Lior answered me within 5 minutes of paying, and he sent me the links.

I took a look at his performance first, Lior performed it at The Session and was getting good testimonials from people that witnessed it there.

I took the plunge to find out what all the hype was about, and to be honest, this effect, is not for everyone.

Let me reiterate that, it all depends on what you are trying to achieve in your show, and this is something that you will be able to pick up and do.

I do mentalism mostly, and this December during a few gigs, I started incorporating 1-2 comedic type routines to see how they would play out, and they played out wonderfully well, so while not actually looking for a comedic type effect for the future, I ran into Lior's.

Now, the big question that you will ask yourself when buying this, and taking it all in is "Will I perform it?

For me, possibly so, maybe, it all depends, the routine is good, and Lior knows how to really get the best out of every routine he does.

The routine is easy enough, that you could try it out at your next gig, to see how it will play.

I think that is what I am going to do.

At my next gig, I am going to incorporate Lior's routine, and then let you all know the results. I cannot praise it if I havent tried it or used it, but looking at the video, you can see that its a funny routine, and the best part is, you can come up with other ways of using it.

I will report back once I have road-tested it.

I know some might not like it, to be honest, first time I saw the video, I was like...."that's it!"

Then I re-watched it, 2-3 more times, and saw the explanation, and then I realized that it isn't really about the effect, it is about the way you present it, the way you involve the audience, the way you communicate, the way you structure it, the person, the byplay and lots more........

Until later...........stay tuned with a road tested review sometime soon.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Morganjj
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
On the review front, there's been a lot of debate in other circles (mostly youtubers) about what is ethical review wise. Ultimately, if you disclose any promotional consideration that you received (free copies, $$$, etc) and disclose any relationships you have with the creator/seller, then you're doing the right thing.

That way people have all the information and can appraise your review accordingly. Madison did all of that.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Here is a review from Tim Hannig that just used it

Lior,

I just want to THANK YOU for sharing with the magic community.

You really have a knack for creating simple and entertaining routines.

I performed at a small private middle school today… and incorporated the new selfie routine.

I thought you might like to see the video:

https://vimeo.com/(secret number for TSCT users only)

Thank you again Lior!

Tim Hannig”

Tim uploaded the video To The Facebook group.
You can watch it there.
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2019, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

Thought I would thrown my two cents in, honest review.

I have Talk to The Screen from Lior when I bought it back from him when he was first offering it, and its brilliant.

Ever since buying that effect, I have been keeping up with Lior's posts about flying 1st class in 1A, and follow his work.

I heard after the Session convention ended about this new effect The Selfie Card Trick.

I was very happy with Talk to The Screen, and so for $33 I said why not.

Lior answered me within 5 minutes of paying, and he sent me the links.

I took a look at his performance first, Lior performed it at The Session and was getting good testimonials from people that witnessed it there.

I took the plunge to find out what all the hype was about, and to be honest, this effect, is not for everyone.

Let me reiterate that, it all depends on what you are trying to achieve in your show, and this is something that you will be able to pick up and do.

I do mentalism mostly, and this December during a few gigs, I started incorporating 1-2 comedic type routines to see how they would play out, and they played out wonderfully well, so while not actually looking for a comedic type effect for the future, I ran into Lior's.

Now, the big question that you will ask yourself when buying this, and taking it all in is "Will I perform it?

For me, possibly so, maybe, it all depends, the routine is good, and Lior knows how to really get the best out of every routine he does.

The routine is easy enough, that you could try it out at your next gig, to see how it will play.

I think that is what I am going to do.

At my next gig, I am going to incorporate Lior's routine, and then let you all know the results. I cannot praise it if I havent tried it or used it, but looking at the video, you can see that its a funny routine, and the best part is, you can come up with other ways of using it.

I will report back once I have road-tested it.

I know some might not like it, to be honest, first time I saw the video, I was like...."that's it!"

Then I re-watched it, 2-3 more times, and saw the explanation, and then I realized that it isn't really about the effect, it is about the way you present it, the way you involve the audience, the way you communicate, the way you structure it, the person, the byplay and lots more........

Until later...........stay tuned with a road tested review sometime soon.

Alex Alejandro

I invented the Invisible touches around 1987.
I was in IBM and SAM in 1991 and most of the magicians I showed it to prefered
to do card tricks at that time.
Tommy Wonder like it and Marc Salem liked it a lot.
So it wasn’t for everyone. This days I know that many many are using it
with all the variations and the combinations with PK touches.
And yet, PK touches and Invisible touches is not for everyone.

I do 25-30 minutes of blindfold in my show. Blindfold
is the strongest effect in mentalism. It’s not for everybody.

I never said that the Selfie Card Trick is for everyone.
It’s for people who wants to have fun with the audience.

I see many magicians or mentalists all over the world.
I just saw a mentalist does the most boring MOAB
ever. The effect is grea, the method is great, it’s easy
to do, but this guy did a very bad audience management
Was talking only with the spectator and lost the audience for a long and boring process.

Presentation is the most important part of any effect
in this what when you buy my routines.
In Talk To The Screen I asked people if they do corporate work
or if they have a theater show. I know it suits them.
If your favorite effect is impossible location of a playing
card after many cuts and a lot shuffling and more cuts
and you need to remind the spectator that he cut as much as he liked
and he shuffled etc, Talk To The Screen is not for you yet.

Go and try it and see for your self if it works for you.
I hope your audience will like it.

Thanks everyone for the support and theno support
I love you all

Smile Smile Smile
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
I sent more than 160 invitation to the Facebook group
to people who paid for the effect.
Please send me a private message if I missed you.

See you there
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
I bought this blind based on the hype. I can't begin to explain how disappointed I am with this. Maybe I've missed something but IMHO this is not magic. This is a prank played on the chosen spec from the audience.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Apparently the spec looks amazing at the end.

Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, Lior wrote:
You pick the right person and they look amazing at the end.
I talk about it in the explanations of the video.
In any routine you need to pick the right person.
You can buy my Penguin Live Lecture and learn more.
(No free copies. Sorry)
Lior Smile Smile
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Here is a tip for people who does paper balls over the head:
I use it in my lectures about “out of the box thinking “
I explain that you can never see the whole picture
You always need someone that can look from a different point of you
on your problem and help you to see what your brain
wasn’t aware of.

Lior
The Lior Touch
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The new selfie card trick (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL